85lb to lose-anyone else in same boat or been there??

Options
2»

Replies

• cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Started at 263 a couple of years ago and lost some weight before joining MFP. Down 33 lbs total (230) so I still need to lose about 95 lbs.
  • izzygetsbizzy
    izzygetsbizzy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Izzy and I'm in the same boat except that I want to lose 100 lbs. I just started on MFP and am looking for some motivation. If you need a friend, please add me as I could use the support too! I'm also chronicling my weight loss journey on my fashion blog which is www.izzygetsbizzy.com.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I have (had) 148 pounds to lose. I've lost 38 in 11 weeks but I still try to keep myself from setting a goal date. I figure it'll happen when it happens and I'm okay with that. I just tell myself to keep up with what I'm doing and I'll get there eventually. For me, it's better than maybe not hitting the goal by the goal date or not losing fast enough and getting demotivated. I had done that for so long and, if I would have just kept it up past the goal date, I would have been at a healthy weight years ago.
  • katiemae07
    katiemae07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    my goal is to lose 101 lbs.. just started getting serious about it a few weeks ago..
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I started back in January of 2011, it can be done, just don't give up, if you fall off the wagon, the quicker you jump back on the easier it is. If you have a bad day it's just one day, not let it progress into a week to a month. That was always my problem in the past.
  • lisitabonita
    lisitabonita Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My goal is about 80lbs. Feel free to add me if you want some support!
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 80 more...friend me if you like
  • jacque8119
    jacque8119 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am new to the community and I have about 80 pounds to lose. I am just starting my weight loss journey and it feels very overwhelming. I could really use some support and encouragement. Looking forward to making some new friends~
  • Zarebeth
    Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I started with a beginning goal of 108+ pounds around the first of the year, and I am 22 pounds into it.

You can do it... the support here is wonderful!!!
  • mbbollman
    mbbollman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 110 lbs. I expect it will take a year. I realize I didn't gain it all a a couple of months. I am having a difficult day feeling motivated.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting to lose a total of around 80lbs. 13 lbs down so far, just taking it a day at a time, if I don't lose then I don't lose that day/week. I've done the "get skinny quick" thing before and it obviously didn't stick. If I could lose the weight by my 27th bday (January) I would be stoked, but if not then no biggy. Add me if you would like.
  • qwills2cats
    qwills2cats Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started in August of 2011 at 219 (down from 226) and am currently around 155 (weigh in tomorrow) so down around 65 lbs with 15 or so more to go. Believe me, if I can do it then you can do it!