My Dog is a critic

Options
My sweet dog ,Zoe, HATES it when I "Walk with Leslie Samsone". She seems to know that "our walks" have been replaced by "my walk" with L.S. It is so funny that I had to show my husband today. Zoe, my yellow lab, circles me and stares up at me and then at the TV, as if to stare down my new walk buddy........... It gets worse when I kick up the volume and really get into it, that is when she goes and cowers by the back door. Hilarious!! :laugh:

Replies

• BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Ahahaha
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    ohhhh poor Zoe :laugh: I do LOVE Leslie though!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    that's hilarious. My dog likes to sit next to me while I'm doing my yoga DVD...she hasn't quite mastered the "downward dog" pose yet but she's working on it...and she likes to lick my feet while I am trying to hold the poses...haha...
  • JimandLin
    JimandLin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My corgi Boomer hates when I do Richard Simmons DVD's. He barks the whole time! But he does wait patiently for me while
    I'm on the treadmill. Good Boy Boo....
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My dog stares at me like I'm crazy, and then tries to lick off my sweat (ewww!). My cat has never stared at anything longer than a moving treadmill. He is SO fascinated.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    that's hilarious. My dog likes to sit next to me while I'm doing my yoga DVD...she hasn't quite mastered the "downward dog" pose yet but she's working on it...and she likes to lick my feet while I am trying to hold the poses...haha...

Oh, My pitbull Bonnie exactly! She sits on my legs, she lays against me. I think she thinks it's play and starts romping around.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    My dog is my biggest motivator. She loves it when i get on the treadmill because i usually get on at night when it is her play time. So i run the laser light up and down the full length of the family room. I shut off all the lights so she can see it better then we do 2 minutes of walking with the laser light then i run 2 minutes so those 2 minutes are her break time. She knows the beep on my treadmill before the next 2 minutes and she gets up looking for it again.

I know it is not the best thing i can do for her but it is her absolute favorite thing to do. I make sure she gets 2 minutes of running/2 minutes of rest and i try not to do it too long to tire her too much. After supper dishes she starts to get annoyed with me if we don't go downstairs. And if i just sit down and don't get on the treadmill she cries and won't leave it's side. So i usually cave and get on the treadmill.

It is really hard to break this habit.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    my dog does the same thing. Her circles me and then goes huffs and pouts on the couch :)
  • Showcats
    Options
    My husband and I just started yoga and our Corgi, Chloe, goes back and forth between us trying to lick our faces. Luckily she likes him best so she spends more time trying to lick his face!