OT-Mattresses

Options
amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
My boyfriend and I bought a euro-top serta mattress last year (it's similar to a pillow top) but after just a month or two it was sagging pretty bad in the middle. The shop sent an inspector out and he agreed that it was sagging way too bad for being brand new. They replaced it and all was well for a few months but started sagging again after about 4 or 5 months.

Being the procrastinators that we are, we didn't call about it until a few weeks ago. The inspector came yesterday and before he even measured it he could tell it was sagging bad (the sag measured 2 inches in the middle). Alone it is still very comfortable but together we both slide into the middle like hot dogs in a bun.

So we're getting a new one soon, but after two dud's, we really don't want the same mattress again and go through this in a couple months. Does anyone knows of a website that you can read reviews on different mattress (I don't have a specific one in mind, that's the problem). I'm just hoping I can read good things about a few so that we have a couple to look for. Or can anyone recommend one?

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I bought a euro-top serta mattress last year (it's similar to a pillow top) but after just a month or two it was sagging pretty bad in the middle. The shop sent an inspector out and he agreed that it was sagging way too bad for being brand new. They replaced it and all was well for a few months but started sagging again after about 4 or 5 months.

Being the procrastinators that we are, we didn't call about it until a few weeks ago. The inspector came yesterday and before he even measured it he could tell it was sagging bad (the sag measured 2 inches in the middle). Alone it is still very comfortable but together we both slide into the middle like hot dogs in a bun.

So we're getting a new one soon, but after two dud's, we really don't want the same mattress again and go through this in a couple months. Does anyone knows of a website that you can read reviews on different mattress (I don't have a specific one in mind, that's the problem). I'm just hoping I can read good things about a few so that we have a couple to look for. Or can anyone recommend one?
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    We had the same problem, and decided with that memory foam, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's HEAVEN!!! I can't even feel my DH move around! The commercials are right, you know the one where they have the glass of wine and the woman jumping on the bed?