According to the CDC, I'm morbidly obese

Options
Hi!

My name is Izzy and I'm new to MFP. I'm a 31 yo mom of 3 and am looking to make some substantive lifestyle and diet changes and am looking for some friends! I'm looking to lose 100 lbs and have broken this up into two mini goals of 50 lbs each. After the birth of my daughter last September, I was able to lose 30 lbs but eventually gained it all back plus some :frown: . I now realize that In addition to having a poor diet, I am an emotional eater and tend to binge when things get overwhelming (which is frequent). This is the 4th day of my journey and I know that it will be a long road. In addition to tracking my progress here, I am also chronicling my weight loss journey on my blog which is www.izzygetsbizzy.com. So far I am liking what I see on MFP and hope soon, I too will have a success story to share! Thanks for reading and I hope you add me as a friend!

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    welcome. I would break it into even smaller goals. Like 10 pound increments. Its more encouraging then waiting for 50 at a time.

good luck
  • izzygetsbizzy
    izzygetsbizzy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice!
  • jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our huge family!!!! MFP is the best thing I have ever found!!! I too have about 100 pounds to lose! I want to invite you to join a group I formed, its called 100 + pounds with no surgery!! Good Luck! I will be sending you a friend request because I love having friends with the same goals!!

By the way.....I LOVE YOUR DRESS!!!
  • aSunflower
    aSunflower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi! Good luck to you! I just recently (last week) got my BMI under 40, it was a big goal for me. No more morbidly - now I am just obese. Yea! I was happy for two minutes then I found out they are resetting the "morbid" to a BMI of 35 or more. Boo Hoo! Well- now I am off to my next goal.

All I can say is just keep plugging and set some smaller goals, I usually work at less than 5 at a time so I can celebrate more often!
  • izzygetsbizzy
    izzygetsbizzy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I like to celebrate so I'll definitely set some smaller goals!
  • emhill21
    emhill21 Posts: 130
    Options
    Good luck, I look forward to reading about your success!