Does anyone else play on HealthMonth.com?

Options
I am just wrapping up my second month on this site. I play this "game" to keep up with my goals, whether they're fitness related or just personal. Can't seem to get any of my friends on it. Is anyone here on it? Maybe we could start a Team MFP?

Replies

• kissedbytheocean
    kissedbytheocean Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it unless I saw this thread, so I signed up. Sounds like fun! How do you add people as friends? I'd be glad to add you. :)
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    At the bottom of the site, click on You > Your Friends and then you can search. I'm "crimsontech" on there, too.
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    I just signed up, but don't know where to go from here...haha. My s/n is the same on there.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Thx for the info!!!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, looks like it might be fun. :smile:
  • kissedbytheocean
    kissedbytheocean Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Just started following you, crimsontech and miss_sarcastic . :)

If anyone wants to add me, my s/n is fairyxteaxlights
  • skgilbert57
    Options
    I'm in! skgilbert57
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Wait can someone explain it a little more
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am in.
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I bookmarked this...do you need anything special like a Fitbit??? I saw something about it on the first page and I was wondering if it was mandatory....
  • _persephone_
    _persephone_ Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wait can someone explain it a little more

Yes, please explain :)
  • alikat789
    alikat789 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just signed up with the same s/n. Feel free to add me.
  • crimsontech
    Options
    You just set up a few "rules" you want to follow for the month, and every day, you check in and report how you did on those goals. If you can manage to end the month with at least 1 life point left (you get 10), then you reward yourself with whatever you decided at the beginning of the month. If you lose all your life points, then you have to do your self-selected punishment.

There are a bunch of pre-made rules to start with (and if you have a FitBit, it helps with the "steps" goal, but it's not mandatory)... the first month I set a goal for daily calories and 7000 steps 6x a week. I won that month and had a "cheat day".

This month, I increased to 8000 steps, 5 times a week, stay under my daily calories, and wake up on time 5x a week. I am barely staying alive this month (can't wake up on time!) but I hope to make it. My reward is food (again) which I'll have to budget for.

Next month, I removed the daily calories goal because I've mastered it. I added one in for my dental hygiene. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't floss every day. My reward for March will be a spa treatment of my choice.
  • kvreeken
    Options
    You just set up a few "rules" you want to follow for the month, and every day, you check in and report how you did on those goals. If you can manage to end the month with at least 1 life point left (you get 10), then you reward yourself with whatever you decided at the beginning of the month. If you lose all your life points, then you have to do your self-selected punishment.

There are a bunch of pre-made rules to start with (and if you have a FitBit, it helps with the "steps" goal, but it's not mandatory)... the first month I set a goal for daily calories and 7000 steps 6x a week. I won that month and had a "cheat day".

This month, I increased to 8000 steps, 5 times a week, stay under my daily calories, and wake up on time 5x a week. I am barely staying alive this month (can't wake up on time!) but I hope to make it. My reward is food (again) which I'll have to budget for.

Next month, I removed the daily calories goal because I've mastered it. I added one in for my dental hygiene. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't floss every day. My reward for March will be a spa treatment of my choice.

Are you able to set up a MFP Group and we will join you?
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I joined!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Sounds cool! I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the request by thew way. :)

Ok signed up same name as well. I can't figure it out it said enter goals but it seems to be April goals? When I say this months game it says I'm late but that it is March. lol
  • crimsontech
    Options
    It should be March's goals... I believe you can join the "March" game even halfway through the month of March. The site's kinda new and I think they have some glitches to work out and some confusing navigation to streamline still, but it's been a nice motivator for me, on top of my FitBit and MFP.

Visit: http://healthmonth.com/teams/show/805

I created an MFP team for us. I think it makes me "approve" new members, but I'm just going to approve anyone that comes through.
  • kvreeken
    Options
    It should be March's goals... I believe you can join the "March" game even halfway through the month of March. The site's kinda new and I think they have some glitches to work out and some confusing navigation to streamline still, but it's been a nice motivator for me, on top of my FitBit and MFP.

Visit: http://healthmonth.com/teams/show/805

I created an MFP team for us. I think it makes me "approve" new members, but I'm just going to approve anyone that comes through.

Did you get my request to join the MFP Team?
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Bump