For those of you that do PILATES

Options
kerrilucko
kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
I just tried pilates for the first time this morning. I read it can really help with overall toning, so I thought I'd give it a try. I used a DVD and did 2 of the 20 minute lessons- so 40 minutes total. My abs and thighs are a bit sore and I worked up a bit of a sweat. I'm guessing I didn't burn all that much, but I am wondering what you ladies log pilates under here? I can't find it in the database and I'm not sure what it's even comparable to? little help? thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kerrilucko
    Options
    I just tried pilates for the first time this morning. I read it can really help with overall toning, so I thought I'd give it a try. I used a DVD and did 2 of the 20 minute lessons- so 40 minutes total. My abs and thighs are a bit sore and I worked up a bit of a sweat. I'm guessing I didn't burn all that much, but I am wondering what you ladies log pilates under here? I can't find it in the database and I'm not sure what it's even comparable to? little help? thanks :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    come on guys, I know lots of you do pilates, I've seen you chatting about it. help a girl out! :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I wore my HRM when I did it the other day. For 20 minutes I only burned like 40-50 calories. I was bummed because my abs burned.
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    I wore my HRM when I did it the other day. For 20 minutes I only burned like 40-50 calories. I was bummed because my abs burned.

great thank you! I know I SHOULD get an HRM, but I'm too lazy to go buy one, lol. I'll guesstimate about 80 cals then... and log it under strength training
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I tend to put it in as 'light stretching'. If you search other sites it can give ridiculous high numbers, but I think this must be for very hard, advanced classes...I'm nowhere near that yet!