Organic Apple Cider Vinegar - Detox symptoms

Options
Hi,
I have been taking 2 tsp of ACV 3 times a day in 8oz of water and since I started I have had flu like symtoms. Achy shoulders and now I am breaking out. Is my body detoxing or is it just a coincidence?

Thank you,
Katy

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: maybe you just have the flu? :sick: I take it, and that has not happened to me. even taking it straight, the most that's happened to me is a burning feeling in my stomach from it being to acidic and me not mixing it with anything, I take it with water now though
  • bankstisha
    bankstisha Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I decided to give this a try to see if it helps my achy joints every morning. I don't have the flu like symptons, but I did notice this morning that I am breaking out.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    A similar thing happened to me. I have tried taking it twice and both times I felt like I was getting a sore throat a few hours later, just like a cold was coming on. I stopped taking it!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    That's most likely not detoxing. Your body does this on it's own. I would bet it's just a coincidence
  • AmyWalsh711
    AmyWalsh711 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    HI
    I've heard about this apple cider vinegar. Can you buy it like this? or do you buy apple cider and add vinegar?
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Stop doing that. It doesn't do ANYTHING for you and it's bad for your teeth.
  • jhyan
    jhyan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    HI
    I've heard about this apple cider vinegar. Can you buy it like this? or do you buy apple cider and add vinegar?

Go to the store. Look at the vinegars. Find the one that says Apple Cider Vinegar.

Not convinced it's anything more than snake oil, but there you have it.
  • aptipton
    Options
    If you don't buy the apple cider vinegar with "mother" in it--it will not do what you are wanting. Make sure it is reddish and has "mother".
  • jhyan
    jhyan Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Can we get a 'like' button on MFP?

The things people buy into when trying to lose weight amaze me.

Eat less calories, burn more calories, lose weight. It really is as easy as that.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    The malic acid in ACV is anti-fungal. If you have a systemic candida infection it can give you flu like symptions. You may want to read a book on candida if you have flu like symptoms.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    If you have a systemic candida infection it can give you flu like symptions.

Please stop with the woo.
    Candida does colonize about 90% of the population, but as part of the normal ecosystem. Most people do not have a problem with candida overgrowth. There is also no evidence that candida causes hundreds of health problems. This is a pseudoscientific claim that is not uncommon among sectarian practitioners. Candida overgrowth is a popular “fake” diagnosis that fits the common pattern – claims that it causes common non-specific symptoms and hundreds of real health problems, so that it can be diagnosed in anybody.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/pseudoscience-in-medical-news-at-the-huffington-post/
  • TheDevastator
    Options

Please stop with the ignorant claims from the same biased website you always post from. I have candida overgrowth and know what I'm talking about. I suggest people read about it and decide for themselves whether they have it or not.
  • sloew
    sloew Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Please stop with the ignorant claims from the same biased website you always post from. I have candida overgrowth and know what I'm talking about. I suggest people read about it and decide for themselves whether they have it or not.

Unless you have had candida you don't understand what it is. I also had candida overgrowth and I know it was b/c of all the Christmas goodies and sugar I had over the holidays. When ever my mom has too much caffine and sugar she gets symptoms of Candida overgrowth. The most simple way to check it out if to cut out anythign that will turn into sugar in your body. Bread, dairy, ect. Unless you have outside symptoms your dr. will most likely say it's in your head.. that's what mine did. I cut sugar and did an atkins like diet for 1 1/2 weeks and I felt so much better!
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options

And who diagnosed the overgrowth? A real doctor, or a hippie with crystals?
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Yes, it was a real doctor. There are several doctors that do treat candida but most doctors have no knowledge of it and have to be shown that it exists.
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Given the fact that this particular website does a great line in unresearched cookie-cutter answers, I'm more inclined to trust the apple cider vinegar theory than anything they say.
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options

Candida is a yeast. And candida overgrowth is commonly called a yeast infection. You know the stuff us ladies use Monistat for. and yes men can get it too, though not that common( since you don't have warm moist areas for it to flourish).

It feeds from sugar in your system and everyone has candida in their bodies just sometimes it overgrows. Especially if you have too much sugar in your system.

I am guessing male doctors wouldn't have much experience with it but ob/gyns do. It is quite common. This is pretty common knowledge among women.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Like you all are f*cking kidding me with this nonsense right?

"Oh hey, let's detox all this man made, processed stuff out of our bodies using a man made, by product of fermentation that we'll guzzle every day and ignore the fact we have organs that perform this function for us better than anything we could introduce into our systems!"

Edit: Now to the OP, you are clearly ill from irresponsibly ingesting something that you may or may not have had an adverse reaction to. Be a responsible, self loving human being, go to a Doctor, and then forget you ever believed in cleanses and detoxes. Don't ask the internet for help.
  • CaroSeraMince
    Options
    Like you all are f*cking kidding me with this nonsense right?

"Oh hey, let's detox all this man made, processed stuff out of our bodies using a man made, by product of fermentation that we'll guzzle every day and ignore the fact we have organs that perform this function for us better than anything we could introduce into our systems!"

Edit: Now to the OP, you are clearly ill from irresponsibly ingesting something that you may or may not have had an adverse reaction to. Be a responsible, self loving human being, go to a Doctor, and then forget you ever believed in cleanses and detoxes. Don't ask the internet for help.

I wish I could follow all your posts because I think I'm falling in love.

Edit: In a totally-not-creepy way. I promise.