Been here a couple minutes, thought I'd say hey

So, I've been at this whole weight loss thing for about ten months. I've lost about 23 pounds, maybe. I say "about" and "maybe" because I didn't even weigh myself for about 9 months, so I'm not really sure where I started. I kind of fell off the wagon around the holidays, but in mid January I decided to get serious. It also helped that my partner, also here on this site, got on board the whole healthy-eating-exercise routine/lifestyle with me, and that has made a world of difference. I figure I had originally about 50 plus pounds to lose, starting in the obese range, and now I'd love to get down to a non-overweight range, settling in to about 132 pounds with a waist size of about 24-25. Since I now have the support of my partner, I suppose it couldn't hurt to have all I can get, lol. I am the type that can quit pretty easily when discouraged. Since January 22nd I've dropped 12 pounds and at least an inch pretty much everywhere I measure. Yay me! Looking forward to meeting people with my same goals....to be healthy and fit!

Replies

• Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Welcome and good luck with your journey, feel free to add me for support/motivation :-)
  • Great Job!!
  • hollyberry2012
    hollyberry2012 Posts: 239 Member
    Hey back atcha! Support, motivation, likeminded people are just a click away. Thank goodness for me. I can manage a click even on my worst days LOL. Add me if you want to. I have lots and lots of weight to lose and I just started MFP a couple days ago.
  • hummerseeker
    hummerseeker Posts: 17 Member
    Thanks, ladies! I have been on this site about a week and a half now, and this is my first adventure into the "community", so I'm still figuring out how it works. I initially thought I'd only just put in my food and exercise and be done with it, but I guess I do need support more than I figured I would LOL. Yes, I have to laugh at myself.
  • Welcome! Add me if you'd like, I also have had trouble with health and weight loss until my significant other also got serious about taking care of himself. We do it together now and it's much easier. I would be glad to be apart of your support system!