What do you drink when you are craving wine? (and don't want

Options
I've been experimenting....

Wild Berry Zinger tea 2 bags per cup, leave it out in the sun to make it really strong. Add 4 drops Berry Stevia.

Makes a sorta faux cab or merlot.

Any better ideas?

:drinker:

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Why not just have a little wine and fit it into your calories? I never really crave wine myself but if I'm out and drinking with other people I'll still have some.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    wine with soda water added!
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I figured out I have to do an extra 20 minutes on my stairmaster per glass of wine, but was thinking I'd be smarter to drink a protein shake. I'm so torn!!!!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Probably wine.

This isn't a diet. This is a "lifestyle change" as cliche as that is. Do you really want to give up wine forever? Find a way to make it work in your calories, or go over every once in a while.
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I only allow myself wine once a week--twice at most, so I just plan for it.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Fermented grape juice seems to fit the bill ... oh wait ... that's wine ... sorry ... got nothin' ;)
  • Milly406
    Options
    I drink wine when I'm craving wine haha! A little Pinor Noir yummy
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    wine. no substitute.
  • achief192
    Options
    I'd say drink the wine and count it. :drinker:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    When i want wine, i have it. I earn it through exercise!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I just drink wine.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    wine! pinot grigio.
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    Because your subject line got cut off, I don't know what you don't want to hear... :)

My answer is WINE. While it may baffle most with my goals of being fit and healthy (and being a lean person), I DO put down one bottle of wine every night. Typically red. It's what I like, helps me relax, and works for me. When I gain weight I know it's because I have been eating like ****, not because I drink.

Echoing the above: wine. no substitute :D
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Go get me a glass. That is what I think. If you are handling business on the calories there is certainly plenty of room for a glass of wine here and there. Log it and move on.
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wine.

I went back a week and you have enough room for one 5 oz of wine almost every day. The one day you had 100 cals left you wouldn't be over that much.
  • dmouse0225
    Options
    I'd just drink the wine. Antioxidants! :) Have 1/2 a glass, and do 10 min on the stair-master!!!
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Because your subject line got cut off, I don't know what you don't want to hear... :)

My answer is WINE. While it may baffle most with my goals of being fit and healthy (and being a lean person), I DO put down one bottle of wine every night. Typically red. It's what I like, helps me relax, and works for me. When I gain weight I know it's because I have been eating like ****, not because I drink.

Echoing the above: wine. no substitute :D

I THINK I LOVE YOU ( did I sound like David Cassidy?)
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    champagne is lower in calories than wine... keep that in mind and just log the cals!
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Why, wine of course! There is no substitute! And everything in moderation, like everyone's been saying.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I tend to drink wine, if I want wine. Usually, I just want something to warm me up and wine does that nicely. Hot tea warms me up, too, however, without making my brain feel fuzzy.