Specific Elliptical Brand/Model Recommendation? Avoid?

Options
Hi friends-
My schedule is about to get crazy insane (as if it isn't already) so I'm looking to add a piece of equipment to my home gym since I will be hard pressed to drive to the gym (so sad). I already have a bench and weights and I can run outside using my 2 legs and the ground for free... so that leaves an elliptical. Any specific brand/model that you love? That you hate? Why? I would like one no more than $1k, iPod features, and good resistance, incline, and fan options. Thanks!!!

Replies

• Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I would say don't get an arc trainer. The motion is similar to an elliptical but it doesn't feel like a natural motion. I have a bad hip and it KILLS my hip. Regular elliptical don't hurt.
  • tmontgomery69
    Options
    I used to have a Sole(brand) elliptical and it was awesome.....Sole's cost about 1/2 of what a Precor costs. Good luck! If possible I would "highly" reccommend that you "try" out the brand that you're considering buying. Check out which brands your local sporting goods store sells.......the stride length and the fluidity of the machine make a WORLD of difference. Good luck!!