Quick and easy snack ideas

pussycatsandtoast
pussycatsandtoast Posts: 78
edited September 19 in Recipes
I get the urge to eat between meals like mad while I'm at work. Unfortunately, we are always being gifted with donuts, bagels, pizza, cookies, etc and I need other options!

Currently been munching on the following:
apple slices and laughing cow
apple slices and peanut butter
broccoli and hummus
pretzels and hummus
90 cal granola bars
dry roasted edamame
assorted fruits and veggies

What are some healthy, easy snacks that you guys like to eat while at work or whatever? I need more variety! haha

Replies

• I get the urge to eat between meals like mad while I'm at work. Unfortunately, we are always being gifted with donuts, bagels, pizza, cookies, etc and I need other options!

broccoli and hummus
    pretzels and hummus
    90 cal granola bars
    dry roasted edamame

What are some healthy, easy snacks that you guys like to eat while at work or whatever? I need more variety! haha
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    I get the urge to eat between meals like mad while I'm at work. Unfortunately, we are always being gifted with donuts, bagels, pizza, cookies, etc and I need other options!

broccoli and hummus
    pretzels and hummus
    90 cal granola bars
    dry roasted edamame

I love slim fast bars! they have peanut butter and chocolate ones which gives me a snack and takes care of my sweet tooth at the same time.. also i like the Special K bars easy to store in a purse and eat on the run!
  • AllyKM
    AllyKM Posts: 15 Member
    Rold Gold Honey Wheat Pretzels 1 serving = 8 pretzels
    California Clementines ("Cuties") 1 serving = 2 clementines
    Fiber One Chewy Bars
    Green Giant Baby Carrots Snack Packs
    1 oz. Reduced fat Cheddar Cheese and Wheat Thins Artisan Crackers (1 svg = 14 crackers)

All very tasty! Make sure to vary your snacks each day so you don't get bored with them. I try to snack 3 times a day but keep small servings/portions and it works to keep me from getting hungry in between main meals.

good luck!
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    I LOVE the cuties too! I usually do cuties and a cheese stick. Soft whole wheat tortilla (warmed) and salsa is good too.
  • daisylou
    daisylou Posts: 118
    special k crackers=90 cals per 17 crackers
    fiber one oats and chocolate=140 cals
    jello sugar free pudding w/ 2 tbsp cool whip(free of course)=80 cals
    reduced fat triscuits and sabra spicy hummus- This my new favorite!!!
    baby carrots and laughing cow cheese=70 cals
    kroger brand lower sugar apple cinnamon oatmeal w/ a few raisins
    I know I will think of more later...keep ya posted. I love snacks!
  • SkyraBee
    SkyraBee Posts: 39 Member
    I snack on:
    - Low fat animal crackers (16 crackers = 120 calories)
    - Rold Gold Pretzels (9 = 110 calories)
    - Oats & Chocolate Fiber bars (1 bar = 140 calories) - even the Great Value generics are good
    - Yoplus Yogurt (pomegranate) (90 calories for 4 oz) - there's great coupons on coupons.com for snacks like this
    - String Cheese (90 calories)
  • melli244
    melli244 Posts: 63
    I also have a really bad snack cravings, it will usually hit after 2pm until dinner.
    I snack on:
    Pretzels
    Activia yogurt
    90 cal granols bar
    fruit
    light popcorn
  • ocean26
    ocean26 Posts: 122 Member
    try nature valley apple crisp granola bars, they're crunchy and really filling. In one pack theres 2 bars each 80 calories. They're delicious!
  • Ohhh I like this topic! Great ideas!

I just got home from the grocery store :)

I saw 100 calorie packs of popcorn, or you could make your own which is prob. healthier
    Any veggies with homemade ranch dip (I make mine with fat free sour cream and those packets of ranch seasonings. I think it is 40 cal for 2 tbsp. or something)
    Turkey with a little bit of laughing cow cheese and some hot sauce rolled up and cut into little pieces
    Anything with hummus
    Plums (30 cal./piece)
    Apple
    Bannana
    Popsicles
    Small packs of appleauce (i think the ones I bought today were 50 cal/piece)
    Sugar free jello
    Yogurt
This discussion has been closed.