What besides calories do you worry about keeping track of?

Options
What all do you guys worry about keeping track of besides calories?? Or should I just focus on that??

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Carbohydrates. I try to keep them low and get the right amount of protein too.
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I look at Carbs and Protein mainly (along with the cals!) :-) x
  • ShellyAnnPaulson
    Options
    Do you worry about going over the recommended amount of protein?
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Mine is to focus on my Macronutrients - Protein/Carbs/Fat (which I also want to know what of that is Saturated).

I also like to know my salt intake, but what I care about in terms of weight is the Macros and getting the correct balance of those.
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Carbs/Sugar/Fat/Sodium-- in that order
  • Itsallkungfu
    Options
    Do you worry about going over the recommended amount of protein?

No...It's a pretty low limit, band t if I drink as much water as i should, it doesn't matter...Welcome!:smile:
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Nooo, you WANT to go over the protein.
  • mrs_mcd
    Options
    protein (i aim for about 130g per day), carbs (92g ish per day), cals no more than 1200-1400 per day and fat no more than 43g per day.

I'm always over my goals for protein every day and under on my carbs but as protein helps to burn more cals then i don't mind going over and it must be working because i've lost 70lb so far following this diet.
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Apart from the carbs, fat and protein I also look at iron, not so much any of the rest as they always seem to be in and around the right values for me without having to make a big effort.
  • ShellyAnnPaulson
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!! I am usually over on the protein and under on the carbs. Just wondering what else I should be keeping track of though on my diary since we can't watch it all. I appreciate the help. PS. How do you guys post your ticker's with your posts??
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!! I am usually over on the protein and under on the carbs.

Perfect. :-)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    calcium, sodium, saturated fats, iron.
  • helpimfalling
    Options
    I found a few places that you should multiply your weight by .37 and that's how many grams of protein you should have per day. When I did this, it took me a bit more than what this website recommends. I try to keep my protein a little higher and my carbs a little lower than recommended. Also, the less saturated fat the better!
  • mescla
    mescla Posts: 56
    Options
    I worry about in inches lost.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I have a "100" figure for carbs and protein - try to get my protein OVER that, and keep the carbs UNDER it.

Fats and sugars - I'm always over on these, but I track them to see if there's any switches I could make to improve the picture.
  • horses429
    Options
    up above go to setting and then check the box that said "Show your MyFitnessPal ticker below each of your forum posts"......
  • ShellyAnnPaulson
    Options
    up above go to setting and then check the box that said "Show your MyFitnessPal ticker below each of your forum posts"......

Thanks so much!! :wink:
  • ShellyAnnPaulson
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for all of your input! :smile:
  • melruiz5
    melruiz5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    i look at my Calories, Carbs and Sodium..... makes a HUGE difference when u are mindful of the others as well.