Girl problems!

Options
I didn't know where to post this.

So, anyway. I had my period about a week and a half ago and now I have extremely bad cramps. So bad that I can't even think about getting up and going out. I haven’t gotten it yet, but I’m pretty sure I’m about to.

Is this normal with weight loss, to have an irregular period? Or should I be worried?

Replies

• mescla
    mescla Posts: 56
    Options
    has happened to me before.. in fact sometimes when I'm training to hard my period stops.
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is ever normal to have cramps so bad it affects your quality of life. You might have something else going on. Best check with your gyno to make sure everything is ok down there. You never know - you could have a cyst or something more serious. Better to be safe than sorry.
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I think it's normal..I take birth control pill and it almost stops my period (it lasts only 2 days and a half!)
    maybe your period is irregular because your body needs to cope with diet and workout ;)
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Errr.... Calling all doctors!!! This could mean plethora of things.. :/ I'm sure you're fine but yeesh.... I feel your pain. :(
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    its NOT normal to have debilitating cramps..especially after your period is over.

those cramps could be caused by tons of things...appendicitis, ovarian cyst, ovarian torsion, uterine fibroids, constipation, diverticulitis etc etc..

if you are in that much pain, i highly suggest seeing your doctor, or even hitting the ER. any pain, that is not normal for you is cause for alarm.

yes, if its fibroid or ovarian cysts or actual menstrual cramps birth control helps. still see a doctor about this.

ps..diet and exercise shouldnt throw off your period or cause pain. in fact it should help regulate your period more.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    If you are having cramps so bad it affects your quality of life you need to consult with your dr.
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    I had a similar experience last year, i got sever cramps in between my period and when i went to my doctor i had a bladder infection :noway: so my advice would be go and see your doctor because if its an infection you will need medication because it will only get worse otherwise :sick: :flowerforyou:
  • CherryPie606
    CherryPie606 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I agree. I think you should see the dr just to be safe. I'm sure everything's fine but better to get it checked out just in case
  • kelsgrenier
    kelsgrenier Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    With weight loss and exercising, especially if you are pushing yourself, your menstrual cycle my become irregular. As long as you know 100% you are not pregnant (you can still bleed like a period and be pregnant) then you should be okay. You could be ovulating. Sometimes i ovulate so hard i become physically ill. The first time it happened (it was only on my right side) i was rushed to the ER and the doctors thought my appendix had burst. just keep an eye on it, if it continues to worsen head to the hospital.
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    This could be ovulation pain! I used to get them when I was a kid and they were insane painful.

It should come about 14 days after your period started.

edit: by "kid" I mean about 14-16