Support Please - Terrible Weekend :(

Options
Hi MFP's!

I just wanted to reach out to you all for some support and motivation on this rather gloomy Monday morning.

I fell of the wagon big time last week ending with a terrible weekend, so bad, I didn't even log Saturday including a Fry Up, Indian Meal, Cupcakes & Sweets :( We had guests for the weekend and I just couldn't help myself made worse by the fact I couldn't get to the gym so i only went twice last week!

I don't even dare get on the scale today so I've decided to not weight myself until Friday in the hope I can undo any damage by then!

What are the chances I've really screwed up?

I'm feeling quite down and have also hit a bit of a plateau and am struggling to keep going.

Help!

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    It's only one day, just get back to normal for the rest of the week.

Sometimes you need a bit of a blow-out to break a plateau - I'm notorious for recording a loss the day after a beer-and-pizza binge, then keeping it off!

You'll be fine, but in future log everything you eat, even on the bad days. MFP works by accountability and being able to see the effects of what you eat and how you exercise.

Keep up the good work, you'll be fine in the long run! :flowerforyou:
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,160 Member
    Options
    None, cheer up. If you have been eating low calories for a while, a high calories help you to kick up the metabolism again. My weekend, both Sat and Sun are with high calories.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    It was just a weekend, today is a brand new day!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    You are aware of what you're unhappy with - only you can change things going forward. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • DogsK
    DogsK Posts: 94
    Options
    Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back into again. Everyone hits hurdles every now and then (I tend to be more now than then me thinks) Don't beat yourself up over it though. What's done is done. Now you just get back into again it is really that simple
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I think you need to draw a line under last week and start again. You seem guilty for overindulging but don't let that be a reason to carry on doing it this week, it''s easy to get into a vicious circle!

Whether you gain or not, focus on this week and plan your meals and gym time if you can.

Above all, keep on logging! It really works.

You can do this!!
  • donnabirch123
    Options
    you can do it, dont give up
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Think about the advice you would
    be giving someone else who posted this.
    Personally, I'd still weigh myself and use that as an incentive
    to get back on track but that's up to you.
    One 'bad' weekend will not affect your big picture.
    Be kind to yourself.
    Nicola xxx
  • ellycope
    ellycope Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    As BerryH said - it might actually be a good thing. I know it's totally counter-intuitive but sometimes the way to break a plateau is to eat more! It worked for me recently - I was stuck at 66kg and spent a couple of weeks eating slightly above (100-200 calories) my daily target then last week went back to MFP target calories and lost a kg this week.

Anyway, it's one day and from your diary it looks like you're usually pretty good so don't worry too much, get back to eating right and enjoy the fact you had some yummy food and are obviously dedicated enough not to let it derail your longer term weightloss!

Good luck!
  • HisMissus
    HisMissus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, we all have a blow out and spending timeenjoying being with your friends/guests is more important than spending the time calorie counting and you shouldn't feel guilty about it. If you have put on a few pounds - so what? It's not the end of world! Just get back into a healthy eating routine and up the exercise a little if it makes you feel better xx
  • lisaslim1976
    Options
    Hi MFP's!

I just wanted to reach out to you all for some support and motivation on this rather gloomy Monday morning.

I fell of the wagon big time last week ending with a terrible weekend, so bad, I didn't even log Saturday including a Fry Up, Indian Meal, Cupcakes & Sweets :( We had guests for the weekend and I just couldn't help myself made worse by the fact I couldn't get to the gym so i only went twice last week!

I don't even dare get on the scale today so I've decided to not weight myself until Friday in the hope I can undo any damage by then!

What are the chances I've really screwed up

I'm feeling quite down and have also hit a bit of a plateau and am struggling to keep going.

Help!
    OMG sounds exactly like my weekend except for had lots of wine too :-( I did get on scales but regretted it...nearly cried but not going to pay much attention to it and move on and wont weigh until friday. Its just a blip...get straight back to logging and excercise! I have booked and paid for 3 classes this week so i know ill go. Dont give up, just think of it as part of the learning process :-) x
  • littlesizzler
    Options
    i'm rght there with you.... I can do great during the week when i am working and by myself for the biggest parts of my day... but yesterday was spent shopping and hanging out with the roommate (who isn't trying to lose weight) so I was a little nervous to get on the scales this morning... however.... i had cut out ALOT of calories through out the week so i wasn't TOO concerned. I agree you should still fill out your food tracker everyday no matter what... it holds you accountable for your actions. I woke up this morning and stepped on the scales thinking if it's not a good number then i will up my game this week. I did have a 4 lb. weight loss but i also know that some of that was water weight which is pretty common in the first couple weeks. So.... don't beat yourself up.... enjoy your food and friends.
  • ljmiller11
    ljmiller11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, your comments have cheered me up dramatically.

I know it's only a little blip in a very long road but because I'm so close to my goal, I'm very concious of the fact every little bit counts!

Hey ho, I'm off to the gym tonight so fingers crossed that will lift my mood.

Thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    We all mess up at some point. Everyday is a new day. Don't beat yourself up over it, just get back on track. :)
  • hannahpage1991
    hannahpage1991 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Everybody has their occasional day to let loose and I suppose we do need those days :) don't be hard on yourself. Just keep doing what you've been doing and set up days of the week/month that can be your designated "treat day"! Something to look forward to :D Best of luck and stay positive. xxx
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Good on you. That's the way forward
    x
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It actually could have even helped. If you stay on a strict caloric intake your body gets used to that and when you feed it excessive calories like that it shakes things up. just get back to normal and don't sweat it.
  • Georganna1962
    Options
    Seize the day! New day to make right choices. The Weekends are harder for me as well. Instead of not allowing myself any of what everyone else is having I will have a small portion and eat a larger portion of the "healthy" items. This is a life change, you are going to have days that you follow your plan to the letter and days that you give yourself a break and splurge. Give yourself positive encouragement, do some extra exercise this week and get back on track! :)
  • dominibori88
    Options
    hit the gym dont worry !!! drink water and eat right like u have ben one day wont hurt
  • katehenning
    Options
    Nobody is perfect and almost everyone is going to have a bad diet day. Focus on turning that guilty feeling into motivation for the upcoming week. Keep your head up!!