Couch to 5K (C25K)

Options
Hi guys,

I have just started the above and have just completed Day 1 of Week 1, it says I have to do Week 1 x3 times a week with a rest day inbetween, how do I log this on here?

Day 1 consists of power walking and jogging intervals, last for 30 mins? Should I just put this down as jogging for 30 mins or what??

Replies

• MisstoMrs2012
    Options
    Also got to say, didnt really get off to a good start as I have downloaded this app onto my Itunes on the laptop - yay, but cant get it to download onto my Ipod - boo..

Any ideas how I can get it to download on my Ipod? Today I tried it out for the 1st time but done it in my living room, which consisted of me power walking up and down my living room/dining room and jogging on the spot for the jogging/running parts..
  • Perixi
    Perixi Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I started this yesterday and logged it as 8 minutes x the pace i ran at which the app told me then logged the rest of the time at walking pace. Will obviously be a bit harder for you to work out the speed as you were running on the spot.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    can't remember now but there's something you need to highlight 'before' you press sync. Go on to your itunes thing, click on podcast tab, then have a look as there is something you need to click on there before it'll allow you to sync it up. Sorry can't be much more use...good luck
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    First save the mp3 files to your hard disk. Then open iTunes and under “File”, go to “Add File to Library”. Browse for the file and add it. Then in iTunes add the file to your iPod.

Record the walking and running times separately - if you're not sure what they are, teh low-tech version of C25K with timings can be found here:
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Don't worry about your running pace too much. Go nice and slow and maybe start recording at 13 minute miles until you can get a better idea of your pace.

Try to get outside and doing proper running as soon as you can, it's a completely different action to jogging on the spot and far more enjoyable! You might benefit from my beginner's running tips here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/BerryH?month=201105

Good luck and stick with it, running is awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • slucas88
    Options
    I log week one as 8mins 'jogging' and 17mins 'walking brisk pace 4mph' with 5mins 'walking 3mph' for my cool down walk.
  • MisstoMrs2012
    Options
    Thanks for all your help guys!

Will record it now and try Itunes again, fingers crossed I get it sorted so I can get out!!