30DS & knee pain

Options
I am in level 2 of 30DS & my knees hurt pretty bad going up or down stairs & when I go from standing to sitting or sitting to standing. I have had to modify some of the exercises due to pain (more left knee than right)for example 'high knees' I have to march in place because when I land in high knees that right knee really hurts.

The pain is under the knee cap. Well at least that is where it feels like it is. I am wearing slide on knee brace, helps a little but maybe I need a more supportive knee brace.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is level 3 as high impact as level 2?I only have one day left of level two.

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem. I am doing this dvd for the 2nd time around and when i hit level 2 again i realized i had the same problem the 1st time around once i hit level 2. OS i had to try and figure out what exercise is doing it to me. for me if was my left knee of the side, even to put any pressure on it, would hurt, it hurt so bad to bend down... i think i have realized it was from the plank exercises... the last 2 days i omitted them from the cardio point and did jumping jacks and butt kicks in stead and i have had no issues... So i am going to keep modifying them to the level 1 exercises for the cardio bit and hope the pain doesn't come back. level 3 i find is just more challenging, i found it was all the exercises you have done in the other level but with weights to make it more challenging.. 14 days into it again and no inches lost and i gained 1 lbs already>
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have knee pain as well. With squats, lunges...high knees, i just run around my living room instead. The squats and lunges i just dont go down to far. I just modify everything. Just keep it moving and ur still getting a work out.
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Lunges have been giving me knee pain for years. Usually I avoid them, but made the mistake recently of thinking it would be ok - it wasn't. Although they're low impact, they could well be your culprit. I substitute more squats or wall sits for them now.