107 down, 20 to go

Options
2»

Replies

• sonicdescent
    Options
    Brilliant result! Okay, now can you summarise how you achieved this? Many might be interested...

regards, David

To address some other posts, no I am not handsome or hot.

Now, to kind of summarize what I did:
    This started when my dad had a heart attack in February of last year. He wasn't very overweight, but did make poor food choices. At this point, I decided to stop what I felt was the main thing keeping me heavy: drinking pepsi. This was so successful so quickly that I decided to change other things. Deep fried food, candy, hfcs - out. Eventually white grains went out the window too. I still don't like many veggies, so I have a lot of grilled chicken salad, no dressing, with only lettuce and onions. I do cardio 5 days a week and recently started strength training (one thing I wish I started sooner). I ride a bicycle 40-60 miles a week when the weather cooperates. Speaking of grilled chicken, I have probably eaten several farms full of the stuff in the last year. I found a few things I like and eat them regularly. Most said I would get sick of the lack of variety, but that really hasn't happened. Finally, eating out is always a killer due to huge portions and high sodium content. I will rarely do so. Saves money too. Last but not least, I log every little thing that goes into my pie hole religiously. I think that's most of what I've been doing?
  • sonicdescent
    Options
    Your loss is awesome! stiill cant see the pics on the right.

Anyone else having this problem? They appear ok on my browser, but since I had such a difficult time getting that to work, there's a good shot something is still screwy.

Edit: I also don't know my left and right.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    congrats! you should be proud
  • amisbest
    amisbest Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. WIth all the money you saved from not eating out, hopefully it covered all the numerous wardrobe enhancements you have had to make along the way. That is a good problem to have. Good luck with the last few lbs.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the detail on how you did this, congrats!!

regards, David
  • Raemama
    Raemama Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    aaaaaaaamazing!
  • Donna_Houghton
    Donna_Houghton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Well done. Amazing job.

And you don't think you look handsome or hot??? Please take it from me, you definately do! :heart:
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You really look completely different. Congratulations to you for your success.
  • sonicdescent
    Options
    Well done. Amazing job.

And you don't think you look handsome or hot??? Please take it from me, you definately do! :heart:

You realize I'm not the adorable blonde kid right? :) Trust me, those are just reaaaaaly good pictures.
  • ebsthename
    Options
    Congrats! Major accomplishment.
  • sonicdescent
    Options
    I wish I could edit the title to say "with pics." That'd get the hits!
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You rock and look great!
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'd repost if anything and add "with pics"
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Lookin real good dude
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!