Any other really tall MFP members?

Options
mattadams80
mattadams80 Posts: 7 Member
Just curious if there was others out there... I'm about 6' 8" which isn't gigantic but it does put me out of the range of being able to work with a lot of normal gym equipment and so forth. Just thought I'd give a shout out to any of the other tall ones out there trying to be more fit!

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and like me a tall fella! :flowerforyou:

Just had to say that.. I like tall-ness.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    6'7 here.

Haven't ran into any equipment I can't use. The power rack is like 8 feet tall anyway...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    6'3 here and with some shoes 6'4. I feel ya about the machines. most aren't designed for taller folks.
  • mattadams80
    Options
    ha ha thanks amazona :)
    Most of the equipment I've found I can't really use are some of the exercise bikes, primarily recumbents. I actually ended up buying one that I fit in just so I wouldn't have to worry about it, but I'm still looking for a good road bike for exercising outside, can't find one my size. I have a mountain bike, but when I bought it it was literally the only one like it in the state, only one shop had it, etc. so finding a road bike may not be the easiest thing without going custom or spending big $$$.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    There are a couple manufacturers that make bikes over 61cm.

I own a 63cm cannondale Caad 10.
    I know Trek makes their bikes up to 64cm.

Just read an interesting article on how bike geometry really doesn't "scale" with bike size and with the larger bikes, you end up with poorly handling bikes with bad geometry.
  • mattadams80
    Options
    Thanks for the info wellbert, I'll have to check that out! My bike right now is 25" which I believe comes out to about 63.5". It is a "Giant" brand (ironic) mountain bike.
  • Cornock
    Cornock Posts: 254
    Options
    Just a Shorty at 6'2"
  • Zarebeth
    Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and definitely dig me a tall man! :love: Have never dated anyone less that 6'3"... of course you are all too young for me anymore anyway... :blushing:
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and like me a tall fella! :flowerforyou:

Just had to say that.. I like tall-ness.

^^^ totally agrees ^^^
  • lidybug1984
    lidybug1984 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft.... pretty tall for a lady!?!
  • firefightmc
    firefightmc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i'm 6'3" its tall, not super tall
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    i am 5'11 and loving every inch of me!..lol :tongue:
  • Cornock
    Cornock Posts: 254
    Options
    I'm 6ft.... pretty tall for a lady!?!

Only if the guy is short!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    FYI--i like tall men too ;) but i've dated anywhere between 5'8" and 6'5". so i don't discriminate.
  • redsteve65
    redsteve65 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    6' 2" so I normally feel tall but compared to the rest of the contributors on this post positively short!
  • Alethea_OnAMission
    Options
    I'm 6'1'' and Love every inch of it. My mom always told me Tall Women command attention and I promise you when I wear flats and especially in 4 or 5'' heels heads really turn. :blushing:
  • bnaile
    bnaile Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    6'3" and loving it.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I am only 5'9". Wish I was taller!!
  • mattadams80
    Options
    I thought I'd share another time being tall is challenging... and I don't run into this often, but this week staying at the Hyatt in San Jose... running on the treadmills in their fitness center, and the ceiling literally gives me about an inch of clearance when I'm running.
    At home, I had to take the light bulb out because I was hitting my head on it when running on the treadmill in the basement.
  • mattadams80
    Options
    Yet another... the eliptical... I can use it, but always feel like my hands should be much higher than they are, and occasionally bank my knees on the machine itself...