Breakfast Ideas

Options
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Smoothie
In a blender, combine 3/4 cup frozen berries, 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup low-fat chocolate soy milk, and 2 tablespoons reduced-fat all-natural peanut butter. 355 calories

Egg-White Muffin Melt
Scramble 3 egg whites. Cover half of a whole-grain English muffin with 1/2 cup spinach and the other half with 1 slice reduced-fat cheddar cheese; toast until cheese is melted. Add egg and 1 slice tomato. 270 calories

Berry Parfait
Top 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup low-fat granola, 1 teaspoon slivered almonds, 1 tablespoon honey, and 1/2 cup berries. 303 calories

Cinnamon-Apple Oats
Prepare 1 packet plain, instant oatmeal with 1/2 cup skim milk. Microwave 3/4 of a small apple, chopped, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon brown sugar. Top oatmeal with apples and 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts. 255 calories

Mexican Egg Scramble
Scramble 3 egg whites with 1/4 cup canned black beans (rinsed and drained) and 1 ounce reduced-fat cheddar cheese. Top with 2 tablespoons salsa, or to taste. 191 calories

Peanut Buttery Bagel
Toast a whole-grain bagel and spread with 1 tablespoon reduced-fat all-natural peanut butter. Cover with slices from 1 apple. 335 calories

Replies

• Nlongenecker
    Options
    Chocolate and Peanut Butter Smoothie
    In a blender, combine 3/4 cup frozen berries, 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup low-fat chocolate soy milk, and 2 tablespoons reduced-fat all-natural peanut butter. 355 calories

Egg-White Muffin Melt
    Scramble 3 egg whites. Cover half of a whole-grain English muffin with 1/2 cup spinach and the other half with 1 slice reduced-fat cheddar cheese; toast until cheese is melted. Add egg and 1 slice tomato. 270 calories

Berry Parfait
    Top 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup low-fat granola, 1 teaspoon slivered almonds, 1 tablespoon honey, and 1/2 cup berries. 303 calories

Cinnamon-Apple Oats
    Prepare 1 packet plain, instant oatmeal with 1/2 cup skim milk. Microwave 3/4 of a small apple, chopped, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon brown sugar. Top oatmeal with apples and 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts. 255 calories

Mexican Egg Scramble
    Scramble 3 egg whites with 1/4 cup canned black beans (rinsed and drained) and 1 ounce reduced-fat cheddar cheese. Top with 2 tablespoons salsa, or to taste. 191 calories

Peanut Buttery Bagel
    Toast a whole-grain bagel and spread with 1 tablespoon reduced-fat all-natural peanut butter. Cover with slices from 1 apple. 335 calories
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    oh those mexican eggs sound good. I have just recently fallen in :heart: with black beans.
  • hschofield
    Options
    Those are great breakfast options, but if you are craving something a little more traditional, you could make the breakfast sandwich I sometimes enjoy. 1 Thomas' multigrain light english muffin toasted (100 calories), 1 hard boiled egg, sliced (70 calories), 2 slices Sugardale ready bacon (35 calories for 2 slices) and 1 slice Borden 2% American Cheese (50 calories). This is only 255 calories and really satisfying. For an additional 20 calories you can use on of Borden's new Slice Sensations in Soutwest Pepperjack, Sundried Tomato Basil or Applewood Bacon Cheddar. It's way healthier than a fast food version and tastier.
  • icandoallthings
    icandoallthings Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have been on a black beans kick and found that Rosarita Low Fat Refried Black Beans
    are muy delicioso! Don't gross out but they are even good cold! :blushing:

I made up a breakfast burrito the other day that is amazing! I'll share:
    *Sautee some finely chopped sweet onions with Pam spray
    *Add some small/thin strips of turkey bacon and thinly sliced zucchini to the pan & fry/cook
    *Then add a scrambled egg & nonfat milk mixture (I only use 1 yolk to cut down in fat)
    *S&P to taste
    *Scramble that yummy mixture and roll up in a small-sized whole wheat tortilla.

The flavor blend is to die for! :love: