Protein Mixes

What is a good protein mix for someone who does not like Milk?! Something that doesn't taste horrible if you mix with water?

Replies

• jodee_donavan
    jodee_donavan Posts: 51 Member
    I really like the Biggest loser (vanilla) one. It has more sugar and carbs than a new one that I found by Jay Robb. Jay Robb has soooo much more protein and wayyyy less carbs- which means I've changed to that one. Jay Robb tastes sweeter though and I believe because it uses a different kind of artificial sweetener. The chocolate was a tad too sweet for me (maybe because I've only had vanilla recently) but I loved the creamsicle. Also, in the past- I've enjoyed myoplex- but I always used to put fruit in that one.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Jay Robb uses stevia as the sweetener. It's a yummy protein shake.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    If you don't find one that says lactose free then look for whey isolate protein, it is inherently almost lactose free, which opens up a few more options.
  • I use the Advocare Chocolate Shake - mix it with Water, Ice and a fruit...blueberries or strawberries and a dash of cinnamon every morning for breakfast...I like mixing mine in the blender though so it's like drinking a chocolate shake ... found it's easier for me to drink than just mixing it up like chocolate flavored water :)
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 260 Member
    Not sure where you are from. but in Canada, if you are near a Popeyes, they have samples for you to try, and will spend all day with you trying them all out!!!!
  • elfinsnow
    elfinsnow Posts: 15 Member
    I use EAS. I often do water and fruit with it, or almond milk and a banana. Very high protein, low carb.
  • I feel the exact same way, I like milk but I don't carry it with me to the gym. I bought the GNC Amplified Whey. I have the strawberry and the chocolate flavored and I started on strawberry first and it's actually pretty good. Now I suggest that if you get it, get a blender ball cup, those things are amazing! Hopefully I have helped you out.
  • I love Nutrition53 Lean1 Strawberry (heard the Cookes 'n Cream is awesome too). Smoothie King uses it in their Lean1 Smoothies, but it tastes really good with water and gets nice and thick in the blender. I've actually never tried it with milk.
  • Quickster34
    Quickster34 Posts: 209 Member
    optimum nutrition gold standard whey , best one there is, i use it with water as well
  • MRM - 100 All Natural Whey Rich Vanilla - 2.02 lbs.

I got this stuff on Saturday. I ordered it off of Amazon. It's really low in cals/fat/and carbs. It was really good too.
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Thank you all for the suggestions!
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    My wife and I have love Body by Vi. We have been using the product since October. It is "the shake mix that tastes like cake mix"! If you would like a sample let me know.
  • I use the Body by Vi as well and it tastes good with water.
  • ced9916
    ced9916 Posts: 3 Member
    dymatize cafe mocha...
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    4ever Fit Fruit Blast. It tastes just like juice, no milk needed (or recommended). Stays good all day in the water bottle so you can sip on it throughout the day. I have only tried Tropical Mango flavor and I am hooked.
  • YMark
    YMark Posts: 65 Member
    Try mixing protein with PowerAde or G2 Gatorade.