Ran my first 5 miles this morning!

2»

Replies

• speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Great job! I have been working on getting back up some distance as my knee has been tender lately, but getting better now. I made my goal distance this morning too (-25C and dark!) We are awesome!

Great job to you too! :glasses:
    Reaching a goal, whatever it is, is ALWAYS a incredible reward! And the beautiful thing is, whenever you reach one, you plan another one! It's a never ending journey!
    :wink:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Great job! Congratulations on the progress!
  • Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Well done!!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 995 Member
    Congratulations that's great :happy:
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Congratulations!
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Thanks guys! I probably wouldn't still be running if I haven't found MFP!
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Congratulations! It's always a great feeling when you achieve some new record (distance, time, etc). I started running in the mornings last August just to fit a 30 min workout in before work. I told myself "just try it for 1-2 miles, walk if you need to." This month I finished my first 10k and now I'm checking race dates for a half marathon. I never imagined running would take me so far from the person I thought I was to the person I'm becoming.
  • TRMite
    TRMite Posts: 60 Member
    I started running with the Couch to 5K app in summer or 2011. I did my first half marathon that November and last month I did my first full marathon. Keep it up! and as others said, don't worry about your pace too much but I do find tracking and getting faster/building endurance motivates me. You should totally find a 10K or Half Marathon to train for... registering for a race is really motivating and it's super fun to run with others who have similarly trained for their big day.

way to go!! keep it up!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!