Sore muscles...

Options
So I had a very active weekend, rock climbing,hiking and skiing. I am still really sore, and I am wondering when it is safe to go back to the gym? I have been going about an hour a day five days a week. I want to give my body the chance to rest and recoup, I am really sore, it was my first time ever skiing and we were there for six hours with a few breaks here and there, but really it was a lot on my body and i don't want to overdo it and injure myself, but I also don't want to wait too long and have a hard time getting back into my workout routine. I am still pretty new to all of this, so I am wondering what you guys think?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body - if you're moaning & groaning because it hurts to get up or sit down, or to walk up or down stairs, you should take at least a day off. If it's just muscle soreness but you can still move around without feeling really stiff (or wanting to grunt or groan), then you could probably go back to the gym, but maybe take it easy the first day back. But yeah, if you're super sore, your muscles need time to rest and repair from all those activities - sounds like you had a super fun weekend!
  • gibnic
    gibnic Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes, it was awesome. I think I will take one more day off... thanks for the input =)