Eating for your blood type

Options
Has anyone tried eating for your blood type? I have done some reading on it and have considered it but was wondering if anyone has ever tried it?

Replies

• VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    never heard of that !! wondering what others will say...
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Eh, I suppose it's right on some things, but I don't base my diet on it.
  • zipperhead76
    zipperhead76 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that you could eat for your blood type! That's a cool concept!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    OP post more info :)

p.s. obviously I dont
  • hklaquadra
    Options
    I follow the blood type diet for the most part. I definitely can tell the difference when I eat the stuff they say I should avoid. I tend to have tummy troubles, bloating and weight gain. If I follow the rules, then I usually feel better and have less intestinal problems. Of course, just like with anything, you can still gain weight by eating the good stuff if you eat too much of it, too many calories. But overall, I think it has generally improved my health to try to follow it as closely as possible. I am O negative.

You should be able to find the books - Eat Right For Your Type
  • awaito
    awaito Posts: 18
    Options
    I have the book but I don't follow it. For those of you that don't know there is a book called "eating right for your blood type" and essentially there are foods that your body digests better depending on your blood type. It's funny however because the foods that I'm not supposed to eat (according to the book).. for the most part I don't like.. with the exception of pickles and ketchup.. and I am NOT EVER giving those up... hahaha some of my fav. foods!
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    You mean, like a vampire with food allergies?
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to fallow mine, but it's because I'm a type O and I'm a fan of a high protein :happy:
  • beanie1119
    beanie1119 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am also O neg! I have wanted to try it but I have a hard time figuring out meals cause of work and what not. I eat breakfast and Lunch at work so it is not like I can get up and prepare breakfast every morning. I go to work really early. Any suggestions on what you do since we are both O neg. Thanks :)
  • hklaquadra
    Options
    I am also O neg! I have wanted to try it but I have a hard time figuring out meals cause of work and what not. I eat breakfast and Lunch at work so it is not like I can get up and prepare breakfast every morning. I go to work really early. Any suggestions on what you do since we are both O neg. Thanks :)

It takes some doing, depends on what you have available at work as far as a microwave, fridge, etc. Considering your schedule, you might find it easier to pack something for yourself the night before. For example if you have a toaster at work, you can toast up some essene bread, a couple hard boiled eggs and a banana or some blueberries. You can portion and pack it up the night before and just grab and go in the morning. I suggest you get the little book "Blood Type O - Food Beverage and Supplement Lists". It's my go-to book when I forget what I should and shouldn't eat.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I know a few people who follow it and really love it, they say they feel a lot better, less stomach issues, more energy, less of that tired sluggish feeling people sometimes get after eating.
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Sorry folks, no scientific evidence or research supporting this. Just some diet guru's theory.

10624035.png
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Sounds like astrology :laugh:
  • losingthisweight
    Options

O neg here as well. I'm curious now...
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    If I can find out my blood type I may give it a shot.
    I have been having some tummy issues lately and it wouldnt hurt to see what they say to avoid. .
  • hklaquadra
    Options
    Sorry folks, no scientific evidence or research supporting this. Just some diet guru's theory.

Dr. D'Adamo is noted in his field, but what most supports this for me, is that I will go by the scientific evidence of my own body and how I feel when I follow the program and when I don't.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    never heard of it..........
  • hklaquadra
    Options
    If I can find out my blood type I may give it a shot.
    I have been having some tummy issues lately and it wouldnt hurt to see what they say to avoid. .

There are kits you can get or you can get it typed for free by any place that does the blood donation drive. Go donate blood at the Red Cross and they will tell you your blood type.
  • srmchargue
    srmchargue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Not to be skeptical but when a quick google search only turns up a websites trying to sell books and pills and not real info to even get you started, it sounds like a scam.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Dr. D'Adamo is noted in his field,

His "field" isn't supported by scientific evidence either.