12 pounds and more to come!

Options
Hey everyone!
I thought I would never be so glad to be this close to 200 pounds, but after I've lost 12 pounds its really encouraging! I Started out at 228 before I had even started this site, so there's actually more! But The one thing that REALLY helped me, and i thought I'd share it so others can benefit too, was that I found one thing that would be a constant reminder of WHY i wanted and needed to lose weight. For me, I always used to dream of getting back in to acting, but I have thought for so long that I was too big to do it. Recently a talent agent asked me to start coming to his weekly acting class and I did. This has been the biggest motivation for me and the reason it is so helpful, is because I am constantly reminded of those dreams that I once had. If I lose sight of what I want, I get a fresh jump on it once a week. I encourage everyone to find something like this to help them. Try to make it something that you are responsible for, like an intramural sports team or a dance class or something, this way you feel like you have to go and it will remind you of why you wanted to lose in the first place. It REALLY helps!!! Hope you all find the motivation you need! Good luck!

Replies

• Aubreyb13
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I thought I would never be so glad to be this close to 200 pounds, but after I've lost 12 pounds its really encouraging! I Started out at 228 before I had even started this site, so there's actually more! But The one thing that REALLY helped me, and i thought I'd share it so others can benefit too, was that I found one thing that would be a constant reminder of WHY i wanted and needed to lose weight. For me, I always used to dream of getting back in to acting, but I have thought for so long that I was too big to do it. Recently a talent agent asked me to start coming to his weekly acting class and I did. This has been the biggest motivation for me and the reason it is so helpful, is because I am constantly reminded of those dreams that I once had. If I lose sight of what I want, I get a fresh jump on it once a week. I encourage everyone to find something like this to help them. Try to make it something that you are responsible for, like an intramural sports team or a dance class or something, this way you feel like you have to go and it will remind you of why you wanted to lose in the first place. It REALLY helps!!! Hope you all find the motivation you need! Good luck!
  • jersigrl
    jersigrl Posts: 4
    Options
    :flowerforyou: wow! way to go- keep up the good work, thats exactly why i joined the gym cuz i need something to keep me motivated!!!! & this site i hope will help me get in touch with others who are on the same journey.
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    When I first started working towards losing weight, I was around what you said you were when you started (I was 224). At the time, it seemed like 200 pounds or less was so far away...but when I started getting close to that point, it was such a great feeling!

Also, acting is a dream of mine as well...even though I didn't get bit by the acting bug until I was in college. I took a few classes and loved it! But I hated wardrobe! I told myself I would start getting more serious about acting when I graduated from college and actually had time to persue it. I graduated last May and have been wanting so badly to get back into acting. But I too always thought I was too big. I definately don't want to be stick thin - I just want to be comfortable with myself while on stage.
    I kind of put my acting goals on the back burner until I read your post - and it made me realize I need to keep working towards my goals and what makes me happy! Thank you for posting this!

Congratulations on losing 12 pounds! That's awesome!!! :flowerforyou:

And good luck with your other weightloss/fitness goals and your acting!!! :smile:

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    way to go, keep up the great work.
  • Aubreyb13
    Options
    So glad I could help! I know that this acting thing is the thing that pushes me and my agent isn't even the one who told me to lose weight, I decided that i wanted to be taken seriously, so i made that decision on my own. But keep it up and you can always reach our dreams if you really want to, you just have to give it everything you've got! Good luck on both as well!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!