too little calorie intake?

Options
Hello: I've been exercising and watching what I eat for about two months, but only started on here fpr a week. I already have lost 5 lbs before coming here, but heard it was a great site to help figure out calories intake and exercise. It is a great site for that. I read the newbie information and see where I am suppose to make sure I am reaching my calorie intake. For the most part I am not reaching my calorie intake, and this is on days I don't exercise. when I do put my hour exercise in, wow, I could eat a lot more, but I'm afraid too. Because now I'm not taking off anything, but did notice the inches going down. Does the time of the month affect your wait:?
Toady my calorie intake is 1,490
calories burned are 0 because I didn't exercise (long day at work 9 hrs.)
calories consumed 1,326
calires remaining 164

I even went and ate a bowl of shredded wheat to boost up more calories....

I'm 45 yrs old, 145 lbs, 5' 6" would like to get down to 135lbs.

Any more advice, I would greatly appreciate it, or if you do you think the lbs. will start to come off again?

Replies

• Maggiezoe
    Maggiezoe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello: I've been exercising and watching what I eat for about two months, but only started on here fpr a week. I already have lost 5 lbs before coming here, but heard it was a great site to help figure out calories intake and exercise. It is a great site for that. I read the newbie information and see where I am suppose to make sure I am reaching my calorie intake. For the most part I am not reaching my calorie intake, and this is on days I don't exercise. when I do put my hour exercise in, wow, I could eat a lot more, but I'm afraid too. Because now I'm not taking off anything, but did notice the inches going down. Does the time of the month affect your wait:?
    Toady my calorie intake is 1,490
    calories burned are 0 because I didn't exercise (long day at work 9 hrs.)
    calories consumed 1,326
    calires remaining 164

I even went and ate a bowl of shredded wheat to boost up more calories....

I'm 45 yrs old, 145 lbs, 5' 6" would like to get down to 135lbs.

Any more advice, I would greatly appreciate it, or if you do you think the lbs. will start to come off again?
  • plm209
    plm209 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    EAT YOUR CALORIES!

Its very important to eat almost all your calories every day, including those you exercised off. Read some of the newbie posts that are stickied in one of the threads (I forget which one). You'll understand why you need to do that. Also, its not all about weight, take measurements of waist, hips, chest, and legs. You'll see inches drop with exercise even though your weight remains the same. Muscle is denser and therefore, heavier than fat.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    well you're losing inches, which is actually BETTER than losing lbs so you can't really complain there. As for eating more, try higher calorie foods like cheese, nuts, seeds, bananas. things that are very healthy but are calorie-rich will help you reach your calorie goals without filling you full of junk. Your period can affect your weight, as it often causes water retention. You will lose and water weight you gain because of your period soon. SOund slike you're doing fine, maybe just a bit impatient. keep truckin along and you'll see results. :flowerforyou:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Also, you only have 10 pounds to lose so it will take some time for that to come off. I experience the same thing. It has taken me since January to lose 11 and I have given myself until my birthday next year to lose the rest. Inches lost is the best anyway, who cares what the scale says if your clothes fit and you feel good, right? Keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • Maggiezoe
    Maggiezoe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone, I'm making sure I get really close to my calorie count now. I notice I was feeling a bit more tired and at night time I was extremely cold, I hope this will help with all that, because I have a lot of outdoors work to get done since the weather is nice this weekend.

thanks again,
    Maggie