Which C25K do u do?

Options
I would like to start this, but on my iphone there is like a thousand different c25k's! Idk which one is the best. I down loaded the one that was free by zen labs and said c25k with a tm after it! Is that the Original c25k? I just want imput on the easiest and most efficiant one! Thanks

Also do u use it on the iphone? My ipone turns black in like 10 seconds, will this make it stop working? Cause it goes to a locked screen!

Replies

• QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I would like to start this, but on my iphone there is like a thousand different c25k's! Idk which one is the best. I down loaded the one that was free by zen labs and said c25k with a tm after it! Is that the Original c25k? I just want imput on the easiest and most efficiant one! Thanks

I use that. Very simple interface, and just like the real thing. Speaks out loud to you, tells you when to run/walk, you can play music through it, etc.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Do u use it on a ipone?
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    Do u use it on a ipone?

Yes.
  • Reckabek
    Options
    Did u have to adjust ur settings so ur phone doesnt shut off? Cause i know my phone goes to a locked screen in like seconds, or does it keep working even in this way?
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    Did u have to adjust ur settings so ur phone doesnt shut off? Cause i know my phone goes to a locked screen in like seconds, or does it keep working even in this way?

It won't lock while the app is open.
  • Reckabek
    Options
    Ohhhh ok cool. I just got the iphone so didnt know. Dont have many apps yet...lol
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I use that same one. Checked it against the other programs and the weeks were all the same, and since it was free, I went with it. I'm starting week 5 tomorrow - so far so good! And I also use it with my iPhone. I bought an armband after the first week for days when I don't have pockets, plus it's easier to hear the walk/run cues (I don't use headphones or music at this point), and I can glance at it and see how much time is left! :tongue:
  • gmt903
    gmt903 Posts: 1
    Options
    It probably doesn't matter much which C25K app you use, but I did want to point out that the ORIGINAL one is now called "Ease into 5k" by Bluefin Software, LLC. (They probably changed the name to try and distinguish itself from the rest.) This is the one I have. I downloaded it probably about five years ago when it first came out. I like it a lot. I like the look of it and the ease of using it. VERY SIMPLE interface. No complicated button pushing/tapping. I like the guy's voice that tells you when to run and walk, etc. If you're not too far into your workout, you could try it. :smile:
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    It probably doesn't matter much which C25K app you use, but I did want to point out that the ORIGINAL one is now called "Ease into 5k" by Bluefin Software, LLC. (They probably changed the name to try and distinguish itself from the rest.) This is the one I have. I downloaded it probably about five years ago when it first came out. I like it a lot. I like the look of it and the ease of using it. VERY SIMPLE interface. No complicated button pushing/tapping. I like the guy's voice that tells you when to run and walk, etc. If you're not too far into your workout, you could try it. :smile:
    ^^^^
    That's the one I have aswell.
    You can have a guy or a girls voice for the change. Nice and easy to use. Will calculate your calories if you set up your details, though I believe the calories to be ridiculously high (as in nearly twice as much as they should be)