Protein Shakes

I need to increase my protein consumption so I thought I would drink one protein shake a day. Can you provide so info on with one to go with...powder or liquid...something tastey. I have never had a protein shake.

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    You can get a tub of powder at a good price per serving and add it to whatever sounds yummy. Mix it with milk or make a full-on shake with fruit. Whatever you like. There are some pretty interesting recipes out there for using it in different items like ice cream and cheesecake, among others, too. Lots of different and tasty ways to get more protein. Personally I have a favorite 'cheesecake protein shake' that I make every night as a treat - I found the recipe here in the forums and got hooked!
  • sgimpys
    sgimpys Posts: 12 Member
    Protein shakes are different for everyone. It all depends on how much protein/carbs/calories you can take. I use muscle milk. I believe it tastes great and there are many different flavors. Sometimes I mix the powder with skim milk and it almost tastes like a milk shake. It comes with a lot of carbs though...which I should watch since I am diabetic. My girlfriend uses the "vitamin shoppes" generic whey protein mix, which is also very good. She uses it because it contains very little sugar and a decent amount of protein. Hope this helps!!
  • i really do recommend GNC's "AMP" line. i use the wheybolic 60, which has 60 grams of protein in a 3-scoop serving. I mix it up with a half cup almond milk, a half cup water, come hersheys cocoa powder and instant coffee crystals some stevia...blend it up with ice and its the thickest, creamiest shake! have to eat it with a spoon. very low fat and carbs, so if i need to make up protein but cant afford the fats ill have as many scoops as i need to even things out.