Whew, I made it through binge mode!

Options
I actually just fought off a binge moment :bigsmile: I have been SO hungry the last two days! I have been eating all of my cal's and then some. Just a little bit ago I was about to "raid" my cupboards.....like I normally do. BUT instead I ate a plate full of brocolli, carrots and fat free ranch. Now I am bleaching my teeth,LOL to keep from eating! Yay for me:wink:

Replies

• elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I actually just fought off a binge moment :bigsmile: I have been SO hungry the last two days! I have been eating all of my cal's and then some. Just a little bit ago I was about to "raid" my cupboards.....like I normally do. BUT instead I ate a plate full of brocolli, carrots and fat free ranch. Now I am bleaching my teeth,LOL to keep from eating! Yay for me:wink:
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Great job resisting! Keep it up. :drinker:
  • MyAngelAndMe2
    Options
    Bleaching your teeth! What a great idea! thanks for that one :glasses:
  • elle77
    Options
    Thank you :smile:

I figured the bleaching kills two birds with one stone,hehe I just keep telling myself I can & HAVE to do this!:happy:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Good job
    I'm wondering though about you feeling hungry all the time...are u eating enough cals?

Kim
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Great job!!! I needed to hear about your victory today!!!
  • elle77
    Options
    I'm eating the calorie's MFP says to eat. I usually walk for about 40min every day...very fast, so I eat those excersize cals too. I've just been telling my self, the hunger is my fat burning off! ? LOL I hope :wink:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! I just popped in a teeth-whitening tray myself so now I'm committed to no snacking for the next 30 minutes. Very inspirational! I think it gets easier to fight off those binges every day...or at least I hope that's the truth!

- WL
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    why are you so hungry-- I eat really small meals a day but 5-6 times a day if you look at my 3 main meals you may think its not alot but it fills me up--

What do you eat?

Try more complex carbs with proteins that helps alot and you don't need to eat alot to be full
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Now I am bleaching my teeth,LOL to keep from eating! Yay for me:wink:

That's similar to my trick to keep from eating throughout the day...

I had braces on my teeth that were removed about a year ago and now I have to wear retainers for 12 hours a day (apparently, that's the case whenever you have braces removed--who knew?). Anyway, I had been wearing them at night so that I would have a metal-free mouth during the day at work. Since I've started working again on being a healthy person and not snacking on junk food at work (of which there is usually a ton!), I wear my retainers during the day. When somebody asks me if I want a piece of chocolate, I politely refuse because it would just be too gross to take out my retainers in front of everyone. And it'd be even grosser for me to have the food stuck all over my retainers! :tongue:
  • elle77
    Options
    LOL stratdl! I use to wear a retainer, but lost it. That is a great idea though :smile: I wouldn't want to take it out in front of people either,hehe

I have no idea why I'm so hungry. My body always seems to do that at this weight...it's like it's screaming to hold on to the fat,haha. I suppose I'll try eating different things and see if it helps? I'm eating very healthy right now...but I'm wondering if I'm not getting enough protein ??? I have NO problem getting in carbs, that's for sure!! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    LOL stratdl! I use to wear a retainer, but lost it. That is a great idea though :smile: I wouldn't want to take it out in front of people either,hehe

I have no idea why I'm so hungry. My body always seems to do that at this weight...it's like it's screaming to hold on to the fat,haha. I suppose I'll try eating different things and see if it helps? I'm eating very healthy right now...but I'm wondering if I'm not getting enough protein ??? I have NO problem getting in carbs, that's for sure!! :happy: :flowerforyou:

there are different types of carbs though- there are complex which are good for you and filling and then there are simple carbs that are loaded with junk which make you crave more of the not so good things.

Here is what I eat- just as an example here is todays

Breakfast
    1/2-3/4 cup of scrambled eggs
    1 packet of original oatmeal with packet of splenda (no flavors because they have too much sugar

Am Snack
    Protein shake

Lunch
    High Protein Almond Mocha Smoothie- Skinny (yes just a smoothie and you would be amazed that it fills you up)

Afternoon snack
    Green Apple

Dinner
    1 cup cooked oatmeal seasoned with lipton onion mix soup
    4oz lean ground beef

Pm Snack
    protein shake

I also burned 700 calories today at the gym- Im not saying do what I am doing but just showing you there are ways to not be hungry-

And are you hungry or are you actually just bored?
  • elle77
    Options
    Here's an example of a day's eating for me:

Breakfast:
    1 cup special K red berries
    1 cup milk

Snack:
    8 natural almonds
    1 red apple

Lunch
    4egg white omlette
    with.....
    1/4 cup cheese
    mushrooms, spinach, onions, jalapenos,salsa
    1 slice lunch meat ham

Snack:
    yogurt
    veggies w/ fat free ranch

Dinner
    A spinach salad
    4oz ground turkey breast
    salsa
    1/4 cup cheese

Snack
    1 skinny cow ice cream sandwich

Any thing I need to change? I welcome advice!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • elle77
    Options
    Oh & thank you Mrsyac2......I'm gonna try that oatmeal & soup mix thing!!! Never thought of that! I do like smoothies once in awhile :smile:
  • stratdl
    Options
    You know, my hubby is a SAHD (but we have 3 dogs and no kids--it's not necessarily easy, though!) and he eats tons of carbs. Maybe there's something in the whole staying at home thing that makes a person crave carbs. Although he's always been a carb fiend.

Are you drinking lots of water? :drinker: That can help make you feel full (and you probably burn more calories with more trips to the bathroom :smile: ).

Also, as Mrsyac2 asked, are you really hungry or are you just bored? I'll have the urge to eat sometimes because I'm bored--usually at work where all the evil (but good-tasting) food is. :devil: That's a powerfully hard urge to overcome, too! :grumble:
  • elle77
    Options
    Hi stratdl.....my keyboard broke & I needed to write you back! lol

I totally binged the last few days! Thinking back....I'm pretty sure it's all in my head! I just have such a problem with food,ugh :sad: I'm starting fresh today though....just have a few hrs left!:smile:
  • stratdl
    Options
    Hi elle77--glad to see that your keyboard is working now...

It's always good to start fresh--it sure beats giving up! Just think, you start every day fresh--every minute, for that matter. :smile: So never give up on yourself.

You'll remember these past few days and the next time you go bingeing, you'll probably be able to take a minute or two and overcome. I know you will! Good luck! :drinker:
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I want to snack right now. But I'm trying not to eat after 8 pm and it's 8:48 right now. So I'm here.....reminding myself why I won't go into the kitchen. This is just a habit I need to break. Good job making it though a weak moment!!:smile:
  • elle77
    Options
    You can do it cherryred!!! It REALLY helps to come on here..and vent or whatever :wink: I think not being able to use my keyboard the last two days, really affected my eating! I'm back now,hehe Lets keep it up :happy: