People Must Think I'm Crazy....

Options
At the gym I do intervals on the treadmill so either I'm raising the incline a few times or running and walking in my session and I can fell the eyes on the people next to me probably thinking what the hell is she doing! :noway: :laugh: I laugh inside because I think wow you (person next to me or behind me) are just walking or running at your regular pace for the whole time your on a cardio machine probably not knowing that their bodies get used to that activity really quickly and it's not a challenging cardio session. Intervals are a great workout for a fat burning cardio session... Thought I'd share my day at the gym..

Replies

• Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    At the gym I do intervals on the treadmill so either I'm raising the incline a few times or running and walking in my session and I can fell the eyes on the people next to me probably thinking what the hell is she doing! :noway: :laugh: I laugh inside because I think wow you (person next to me or behind me) are just walking or running at your regular pace for the whole time your on a cardio machine probably not knowing that their bodies get used to that activity really quickly and it's not a challenging cardio session. Intervals are a great workout for a fat burning cardio session... Thought I'd share my day at the gym..
  • angyltears
    Options
    I do the same thing, and I get the same funny looks! :laugh:
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I actually had some concerned lady come up to me and ask if I knew I was running uphill on the elliptical:noway:
    really ....I thought I was on a sunday stroll through the park:laugh:
    that's what I wanted to say but didn't:blushing:
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    LOL. I do the same thing too. I get occasional funny looks, but for the most part ppl mind their own business.

About the lady asking about running uphill on the elliptical.. that's too funny.
  • in_to_win
    in_to_win Posts: 17
    Options
    I get that too! Especially when I walk backwards on the treadmill