I want self confidence back.

Options
I have been on a roller costar ride when it comes to my weight. It all started 2 years ago when my weight reach at 155 pounds. I have never went over 125 pounds... I begin on a Journey to get back at 120 in May of 2010. I started to work out and eat right and by July of 2010 I was at 132 pounds. I was loving my body and was determined to reach my goal, but something happen instead of losing weight I begin to put to gain weight and begin feeling too tired to work out. In October of 2010 I found out I was pregnant. This is when I lost my motivation on ever getting down to 120 pounds.

On May 2, 2011, I gave birth to a healthy baby boy and had gain a total of 35 pounds. Since the birth of my son I have been trying to lose the baby weight I have gain, but no matter what I do I will lose 3 pounds and then gain back 2 pounds. I have lost my self confidence and motivation. It has got so bad that I really don't have the desire to go out any more or do anything. My clothes don't fit and I refuse to go shopping to buy new clothes because I'm so ashamed of my new size.

My attitude has now affected my daughter. Now, instead of going out and play with her friends she stay indoors and eat in the past 2 months she has gone up two jeans size. I must make a change not just for me but for her. I have made the first step by joining MFP and hope I can meet new friends to keep encouraging me on my journey on getting my self-confidence, motivation and my body back.

Replies

• Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined today and so far, by looking around on here and reading stories this place looks amazing and the people so supportive. I know what you mean about the confidence thing too. Pre kids I had an amazing body....abs, the works...got married, pregnant, ATE like I was eating for two adults with the excuse in the back of my mind like, well, I'm pregnant! This is the one time I CAN gain weight and it's ok! Well, payng for it still....after two boys...lol. I'm determined this time.
    You can do it too!
    Feel free to add me!
  • yolie2012
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation.. I just add you as a friend.
  • hellkitty1970
    Options
    Greetings:) my daughter used mfp to lose weight last summer and she took off a lot of weight just by keeping track of things and getting to know the people who are in the same position. That's really a good benefit. I'm excited to see that you're losing weight for spring. I would love to get a good results and buy some new clothes. Good luck and I hope to see you around the forum!!
    Jen