A kick in the pants

Options
I was doing really well and then.......

I had a freind visit from out of town and I fell off the wagon a bit. Not a lot but enough. I didn't gain any waight (yeah) butt, I didn't lose any either. She left last last tuesday and I am finding it hard to get back on track.

What do you do to give yourself the much needed kick inthe pants?

Kristine

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I pull out the pictures of me that got me motivated in the first place. I put on my very expensive designer jeans I bought when I hit my goal weight and imagine them not fitting (or if they are a little tight that will do it right there). I read the success stories on here and especially look at the pictures-do I want to look like the afters or go back to the befores? I remember all the great comments I've gotten from people as well as those "wow, I can't believe you're keeping the weight off" comments. Don't want to prove those snarky folks right! You have to look within yourself but you can do it!
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Just remember how much better you felt while you were on track! You started a running program and was gaining endurance with every outing! You can go this! Just start logging and it will all come back to you! You are so worth it!
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    To get back on track , I cook and plan out my meals. Having my meals prepared and ready keeps me from being tempted.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I was doing really well and then.......

I had a freind visit from out of town and I fell off the wagon a bit. Not a lot but enough. I didn't gain any waight (yeah) butt, I didn't lose any either. She left last last tuesday and I am finding it hard to get back on track.

What do you do to give yourself the much needed kick inthe pants?

Kristine

the words of Nike's campaign slogan: JUST DO IT!

do something, anything, it's better than nothing. It will get you back in the gym/running/eating right/whatever else you need to do, and will be an accomplishment for you to hang your hat on to keep it up