Speaking of the Oscars...

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
Best-Dressed-Celebs-at-the-2012-Oscars-435x580.jpg

I thought she looked stunning and that the dress is amazing.

However, the commentary of this pic, is shocking to me:

Stacy
Like I said in the Worst part. Fat women can not wear light colored dresses. It just shows how fat they really are. This needs to go to the Worst side.
1 hour ago /

Virginia Nordin
Perhaps the dress should have been black, but it is flattering to her large size. Modestly covering her body.

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I thought she looked fantastic in that dress.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    That's bull****.

She looked amazing, the dress was gorgeous. She rocked the hell out of it. Sorry, but she looked a hell of a lot better than most women there, regardless of size.

If I was watching a show where I heard those comments, I'd have turned it off, then complained to the network.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I Almost love the dress. She lost me on the sleeves, but the rest is fabulous.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I pretty much want to punch the commenters in the Tw*t. I think she is beautiful and looked great!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    So, the takeaway is that if you have more than average body fat you can only wear black?? That's cheerful.

She looks beautiful. I hope she felt beautiful. And I hope she flips Stacy & Virginia the bird.
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I Almost love the dress. She lost me on the sleeves, but the rest is fabulous.

Almost.. yes.... The dress fits her nicely and I think she look fabulous... but the sleeves.. Really?! Bleh
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of the dress. I don't like the sleeves or the neck line. A V-neck and either no sleeves, or 3/4 length sleeves would make it better. It looks too much like a T-shirt. But this has NOTHING to do with her weight. I think it shows her lovely figure really well.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    my mom called and asked about this dress earlier this morning for my sisters wedding. I told her it is stunning on Octavia and when they produce the knock off version, it will be stunning on my mom, too. It is figure flattering, in my opinion.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I think she looks absolutely stunning in that dress. Gorgeous.

Also, It saddens me that Stacy and Virginia are such miserable cows.

Moo.
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    She looked Great period no if ands or buts
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I like it a lot, and I think she looks stunning in it. But furthermore, I wouldn't call her "fat". Outside of Hollywood, nobody would do a doubletake at her size. Perhaps she's not super fit, but she doesn't strike me as looking unhealthy. But maybe I'm biased.
  • TiffADee
    TiffADee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Angelina wore black and she looked like a starving bag of bones. Octavia looked amazing!
  • julesga
    julesga Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    And the Yahoo Best/Worst dressed gave Octavia an "A" for her dress. I agree with Yahoo! :)
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    If anyone should be condemned for what they are wearing, it most certainly shouldn't be Octavia! It should be the lady wearing the circa-1987 shimmerslacks behind her!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Options
    If anyone should be condemned for what they are wearing, it most certainly shouldn't be Octavia! It should be the lady wearing the circa-1987 shimmerslacks behind her!

Hahaha. Omg. They are so awful!
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Angelina wore black and she looked like a starving bag of bones. Octavia looked amazing!

Ditto that.
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    Options
    starving bag of bones?

bashing on skinny/BEAUTIFUL people, like Angelina Jolie is a sign of jealousy...

But, for the dress...I personally didnt like it too much on her. but, it was a pretty dress!
    Just in my opinion.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    From the boobs down, she looks incredible. I'm also not a fan of the neckline and sleeves.

I haven't said anything negative about Angelina so far, but I've thought plenty. I'm not jealous of anyone who has arms that look like mine did when I was a 60 pound eleven year old.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Options
    starving bag of bones?

bashing on skinny/BEAUTIFUL people, like Angelina Jolie is a sign of jealousy...

But, for the dress...I personally didnt like it too much on her. but, it was a pretty dress!
    Just in my opinion.

I think Angelina Jolie is beautiful. But there is a difference between skinny and sickly!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I think she looks stunning, and the dress is really beautiful - although I don't so much like the sleeves.