Running Shoes

Options
For all you runners out there - what shoes do you wear? I hear so many different things about good shoes, bad shoes, so-so shoes... and I'm confused.

I exercise everyday and run 5 times a week (25 or more miles). I love the look of the Nike Shox but wonder if they are bad for running. What do you think?

Replies

• in_to_win
    in_to_win Posts: 17
    Options
    For all you runners out there - what shoes do you wear? I hear so many different things about good shoes, bad shoes, so-so shoes... and I'm confused.

I exercise everyday and run 5 times a week (25 or more miles). I love the look of the Nike Shox but wonder if they are bad for running. What do you think?
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have Saucony trigon 5 progrid guide and i LOVE them, i am on my treadmill everyday for 60-75 mins. and do between 5-6 miles, depends on the 60 or 75 mins.

HTH
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Do not run in shox! No No No!!!! Please!:happy:
    They are the worst shoe to run in because of the way the heel is designed there is no support and great risk of injury. I have heard it, read it, and the shoe guy at my local store actually shuddered when my daughter mentioned she had run in hers one day. Just say NO!:tongue:
    I have Mizunos....they are awesome, Brooks are excellents, and Asics are supposedly wonderful.
    Your best bet is to find a store which offers personalized fitting and will put you on a treadmill, video your gait and try on shoes until they find the one that works best for your feet, pronation issues, stride, etc. It is really hard to make a generalization about shoes, everyone is so different.
    Good luck and happy shoe hunting!

Becky
  • becca1978
    becca1978 Posts: 12
    Options
    Nike Shocks are kind of like a high heel in a sneaker. If there is a running room near you you may want to go and get fitted for a running shoe there. If you don't get a proper shoe fitted to your foot then you could end up with back/knee problems. The Sacony or New balance are a decent one. Keep in mind that your toe should not go to the end of the shoe. You should have room for you foot to flaten out when you run.
  • in_to_win
    in_to_win Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for your replies!

Okay so no shox it is.

I'm living in S. Korea and there is no running room around here and any sports store is hard because of the language barrier.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Go somewhere that can check out how you run (pronation) and get a type that fits best for you.

I wear Asic Gel Foundation and my husband uses Mazuna Waverunner.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    i :heart: my Asics.

but I have been really fascinated by the running barefoot threads lately- very interesting stuff.

I bought a pair of Saucony, which were more$$$ than my Asics, and I can't stand them!!!

Use what feels comfortable for you-
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I run in the nike zooms, (the blue ones in the picture) but I know a lot of people don't like nike running shoes, it just depends on the person, you should go to a running store and get help, they usually know what they are talking about! I also have some mizunos that are really comfortable, so does my friend and they come in pink! :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Nike Shox and a pair of Nike Airs. The Nike Airs feel way more comfortable than the Shox by far; I don't know why. Funny thing is that the material is starting to shred out of the Airs because I've had them for so long. I am currently looking to get something new, just because of the uncomfortableness of the Shox. Haha. I'm mostly worried about the price. Although I'm glad I saw this, because I almost went and got another, and they're pretty expensive.