was under goal everyday, and exercised and still no loss

Options
Hi folks,
I've been going for a few weeks now and have dropped 14lbs. last week i was under my goal everyday, plus i exercised more than usual (i only ate some of the calories back) but on my weekly weigh in this morning i hadn't shifted anything at all. despite being on a 2lb a week program. Does anyone else every get this? is there anything i can do to make sure it doesn't happen?
cheers Andy

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Are you making sure you're netting at least 1200 a day? You might be eating too little.
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have done this as well - no or minimal loss - and then one week I had a bunch of stuff going on at my house painting -carpet etc... and had no time exercise and lost 2 lbs ... for guys I heard a spike day helps do you do that ?
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    Could you maybe have gained muscle mass? This would register on the scales as no loss, or even a gain, but the flip-side is that your clothes would feel looser and your body would feel firmer.
  • farcry66
    farcry66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My body seems to go in two week cycles so my weekly weight loss seems to actually reflect the fortnight before rather than the week before! Maybe your body is just catching up with you. Could it be water weight you are holding onto? What sort of excersize are you doing? Strength training can make you not lose for a little while as your muscles are storing water and stufft o help them repair.
  • bilio77
    bilio77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've done some press ups and similar stuff, and went for a 40 minute bike ride and a 20min bike. i guess it could be water weight. its just a bit disheartening
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear, some weeks you lose big, some weeks you lose nothing, some weeks you gain a bit. 2 pounds a week should be an average, not an automatic, regular thing.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I've done some press ups and similar stuff, and went for a 40 minute bike ride and a 20min bike. i guess it could be water weight. its just a bit disheartening

I know. Don't fret. Give it a bit before making radical changes. Keep up the good work.
  • ceciliaclee
    Options
    I have experienced that many times, but I measure as well as weigh and I find that although sometimes I may lose no weight, I may have lost inches. Don't get discouraged. Start measuring and you may see a difference there and that will help keep you motivated.
  • obmckenzie
    obmckenzie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Did you have a big loss recently? Sometimes if you drop more then 2 lbs in a week your body might hang on to some weight to balance it out. It happens to my guy often. One week he'll drop about 5 lbs and then next week nothing. Same amount of workouts and same calories.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Did you have a big loss recently? Sometimes if you drop more then 2 lbs in a week your body might hang on to some weight to balance it out. It happens to my guy often. One week he'll drop about 5 lbs and then next week nothing. Same amount of workouts and same calories.

If you open your diary more people may be able to give you advice.
  • bilio77
    Options

If you open your diary more people may be able to give you advice.

I've opened it to public for a bit
  • Lisa_More
    Options
    I have experienced that many times, but I measure as well as weigh and I find that although sometimes I may lose no weight, I may have lost inches. Don't get discouraged. Start measuring and you may see a difference there and that will help keep you motivated.

This is very incouraging!! because I have had very off weeks..I will do my measurements and see if I see a difference there.
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you're probably not eating enough.
  • queensassypants
    Options
    it happened to me too. everybody says i need to drink more water. i still haven't cut out sugar all the way - i think that is probably what's holding me back. keep on truckin'.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Without know height/weight/activity level, etc, it's hard to be very accurate, but I would think 1480 is too low. Honestly, I would increase your settings to lose a pound a week for a few weeks. Eating more may help with this.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Try tracking your sodium. I was really surprised at how much water my body was retaining after having a bunch of salty meals.

How much water are you drinking a day? 8 glasses is the bare minimum for myself. I managed to jump start things after I increased it to about 10-12 glasses a day. It can't hurt to try.

Are your clothes fitting better? It could just be that your muscle replacing fat and it just doesn't show up on the scale. I've been at the same weight for a while but all my pants are too big now.
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Bill, what time of the day do you eat your last meal? And what time of day do you weigh in? You're not tracking water, and I also see that you're not tracking sodium. You might want to put them on there, at least for a week or so. I see some things that COULD be high sodium foods on your diary, and THIS may account for some of the stagnation.

As others have said, how do your clothes feel? are they seeming to get looser? feel free to add me as a friend if you want.
  • bilio77
    Options
    Honestly, you're probably not eating enough.

Any suggests on what to eat? i don't want to eat crap, blast over my goals and end up putting weight on. I'm pretty poor at controlling my diet, hence why this site has been so good for me so far. having aa clear target to stick too has helped me immensely.

Should i maybe adjust my goal to say loosing 1.5lbs a week so i get more calls?
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Although you aren't tracking sodium, I see a lot of foods that appear to have a high sodium content, and that will definitely cause you to retain water. Whenever I have a high sodium day, I make sure to drink LOTS of water (I drink 8-10 cups on a normal day, and up to 16 cups on a high sodium day) in order to flush it out.
  • kaizen31
    kaizen31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I would recommend easing off to a 1lb a week loss. It's harder to lose weight the closer you are to goal. Easing your body into it with a slightly higher cal level might be the trick you need.