peanut butter

Options
DuckDuckDuck
DuckDuckDuck Posts: 49 Member
I hate when you eat something and forget how many calories it is. I just had two and a half T of peanut butter. ops :}

Replies

• kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Try PB2. So many less calories and fat and it is really good. Only 45 calories a serving.
  • DuckDuckDuck
    DuckDuckDuck Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ive had that before and liked it but I hardly ever eat peanut butter. I just forgot how bad it was tell it was too late :}
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I inject peanut butter.
  • BBoros
    BBoros Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I know this might be a dumb question, but what is PB2?
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I know this might be a dumb question, but what is PB2?

PB2 is a powdered peanut butter product that basically has all the oils/fats squeezed out of it. It's low cal and has a ton of pb flavor. You can use it in a variety of ways... I use a single tbsp (23 cals) of the chocolate variety in my protein shakes and I absolutely love it. More info here :

http://bellplantation.com/products

You can order it off the site or use the locator to see if any stores in your vicinity carry it. Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Bell Plantation in any way, just a big fan :bigsmile:
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I inject peanut butter.

Me too
  • BBoros
    BBoros Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the info. I am a Peanut butter junky... so I will have to check this out.
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter and just have to make it work in my totals. But I also use PB2 when I need to, the chocolate PB2 is my fav!
  • TurnLeftNow
    Options
    Try PB2. So many less calories and fat and it is really good. Only 45 calories a serving.

Okay, I have a REALLY stupid question. I am like 98% sure of the answer, but I just want to ask someone.

Is the serving size when it's mixed with water or when it's in powdered form? I think once I measured it after I mixed it and it was only a tablespoon after it was mixed together? Unless I measured wrong.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter, there is no way I could ever cut it out....it's the same as anything else, moderation!
  • mandy_freeman
    Options
    I inject peanut butter.

NICE. I have minimum 2 TBS a day. Natural is good!
  • butterfliespink
    Options
    I inject peanut butter.

:devil: LOVE THIS, so do I LOL
  • vickie28
    vickie28 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter so at least 2 x's a week i figure it in--- put it :love: on my whole grain toast --- makes me so happy :)
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter and just have to make it work in my totals.

^^^THIS^^^ I eat it M-F with a 1/2 cup of oats. Makes a great breakfast and gives me good energy for lifting.

I'm going to try the PB2 though. Sounds awesome!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Another low calorie alternative to regular peanut butter is Better 'n Peanut Butter. I came across this as an ingredient on skinnytaste.com

Check it out: http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/index.php
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    PB2 is a powdered peanut butter product that basically has all the oils/fats squeezed out of it.

The fats and oils in peanut butter are good for you...

I eat peanut butter every single day. I just watch my portions and make sure it fits within my calorie goal.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options

Okay, I have a REALLY stupid question. I am like 98% sure of the answer, but I just want to ask someone.

Is the serving size when it's mixed with water or when it's in powdered form? I think once I measured it after I mixed it and it was only a tablespoon after it was mixed together? Unless I measured wrong.

2 TBL of the powder is one serving.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Peanutbutter is good for you (good fats, good source of protein and fiber). I don't suggest eating the whole jar in one sitting, but why all the talk like it's really bad?
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    PB2 is fabulous! It comes in regular & chocolate peanut butter flavors. I love to dip aplle slices in it or a banana. 45 cals/2 TBSP vs 190? I'm all over that! I order it online.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    PB2 is a powdered peanut butter product that basically has all the oils/fats squeezed out of it.

The fats and oils in peanut butter are good for you...

I eat peanut butter every single day. I just watch my portions and make sure it fits within my calorie goal.

Fair point. Although I use it as a low cal flavoring additive in my shakes and not as a peanut butter substitute per se.