Here's some motivation I found: "Awesomeness"

Options
Waking Up Full of Awesome There was a time when you were five years old, and you woke up full of awesome. You knew you were awesome. You loved yourself. You thought you were beautiful, even with missing teeth and messy hair and mismatched socks inside your grubby sneakers. You loved your body, and the things it could do. You thought you were strong. You knew you were smart. Do you still have it? The awesome. Did someone take it from you? Did you let them? Did you hand it over, because someone told you weren’t beautiful enough, thin enough, smart enough, good enough? Why the hell would you listen to them? Did you consider they might be full of ****? Wouldn’t that be nuts, to tell my little girl below that in another five or ten years she might hate herself because she doesn’t look like a starving and Photoshopped fashion model? Or even more bizarre, that she should be sexy over smart, beautiful over bold? Are you freaking kidding me? Look at her. She is full of awesome. You were, once. Maybe you still are. Maybe you are in the process of getting it back. All I know is that if you aren’t waking up feeling like this about yourself, you are really missing out.

Replies

• Lindsey1985x
    Lindsey1985x Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I feel inspired by this.... good post x
  • mcosme25
    Options
    You are right! Bring on the awesome!
  • rtbrwinter
    Options
    Thank you! I think this needs to be a daily reminder that I am awesome just the way I am.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Love this!
    Working on getting my "awesomeness" back!
    I am happy to report that my kids ( 14yo girl and 10.5 yo boy ) do still wake up feeling awesome and like they can do anything.
    I look around at some of the neighbor kids & their friends and see they have already lost theirs....SAD.

We have to nurture their "awesomeness"
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I LOVE it!!! You are definitely as AWESOME as AWESOME can be girl!! :happy:
    I'm feeling pretty awesome myself this week.... :smile:
  • KKRKIM
    Options
    so true...I love this posting..and your so right. We are all Awesome and we shouldn't allow it to be taken away from us!! :smile:
  • lb4lb
    lb4lb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dontwantausername1
    dontwantausername1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This is "awesome"
  • Ambr
    Ambr Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    you are so so so right, wonderful idea, really inspired me, bcoz I do think like that, this person said im not smart, i am not thin and i believe them , great idea, i'll use that.
  • MellyMartinson
    MellyMartinson Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love love love this! THank you for posting this. I am working towards getting my awesomeness back so I can be awesome with my 6 year old and 2 year old!!!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    LIKE!!!!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kim!!!

We must all remember this inner child mantra!! :tongue:
  • PreciousTreasure8117
    Options
    Love this! :flowerforyou:
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Wow I almost cried when I read that. I have a little girl who will start kindergarden next year and I worry that might be the beginning of losing your awesome-what with bullies and girls in competition(I mean over bys and clothes and stuff, not sports). You have inspired me to work harder to help her keep it. Although rarely does a day go by without me telling her how awesome she is
  • penneyk
    Options
    Your story was awesome. Thanks I needed that!!!!
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    you madame are AWESOME! truly you are a beautiful person for posting this thanks, I'm starting to feel the awesome return to me :glasses:
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I said this to my husband tonight too....

....we must not wish for what others have but cherish ourselves everyday!
  • Crash789
    Crash789 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reminder. We all need it once in a while. :)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I totally bawled when I read this, because once upon a time, I let people take away my Awesome. It's back with a vengence!! I love myself, my mind, my body...I AM AWESOME!! Thanks for the reminder!!