powdered peanut butter is amazing

Options
sooooo I didnt believe it till I tried it and its amazing, powdered PB that is....I add it to protein shakes, mix it with water and it makes a delightful spread, put some in a baggie and toss in some banana or apples, yummo, you can use it in baking.....such a great product I had to share for those of you who are not aware that this even exists

http://www.bellplantation.com

http://www.bellplantation.com/recipes/chewy-pb2-cookies

Replies

• reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    nom, nom...I love PB2...it's gotten me through a lot of tough times!
  • Agefyter
    Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My daughter uses this in her shakes as well. It tastes great!
  • TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    What are the calories in this powdery goodness? :)
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    OMG . . . you just saved my life! I have never even heard of this stuff but I love peanut butter. If you mix it up to use as a spread how does it compare to regular PB, like Jif? flavor, texture?
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    :heart: Mmmm......PB2! :heart: I mix mine with a little bit of water and then dip apples in it. I also like the chocolate kind.
  • ksmarathon2010
    Options
    I like it better than regular peanut butter now.
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    What are the calories in this powdery goodness? :)

45 calories for two tbsps, I believe!

regular peanut butter is around 200.
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    They always have it on sale on amazon too!!
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of PB2!!! Great stuff
  • IrishFanVSG
    IrishFanVSG Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It is a staple in my house. I found it cheaper than Amazon at netrition.com. I'm a complete peanut butter addict.
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I can't eat that stuff. It was too gross for me. I haven't tried it in a protein shake or anything. That might be better but I just couldn't stand it on toast or on an apple or anything....
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Powdered Peanut Butter is a little bit of a misnomer. This is (essentially) defatted peanut flour. And there is no special technology to make it, since this is a by product of making peanut oil. I guarantee you can get it cheaper from somewhere else that doesn't tout it as a peanut butter replacement.

I did a research project with peanut butter and I can say that mixing water with peanut flour, or even remixing it with oil does not peanut butter make. LOL
  • sandiburn
    Options
    I just ordered some. Lots of good recepies. Im supper excited. I LOVE peanut butter, but it is so high in cals that I have done without it. Really looking forward to trying it.
  • kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    LOVE this stuff!!!
  • sassygamma
    sassygamma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have to say i LOVE this site, i love PB but with the calories i never eat it, but now i am on my way to get some... Thank you soooo much!!!!
  • PeanutsMamaTx
    PeanutsMamaTx Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 in my shakes too... so good!!
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I like it but I have to mix it in things, I can't just eat it straight, say in a peanut butter sandwich. I did that once and gagged! LOL
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Its yummy!! I use it in my protein shakes, oatbran and spread it on my protein pancakes.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Big fan of PB2!!
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Delicious in protein shakes - disgusting if used to make a peanut butter sandwich!