Hi everyone!

Options
Hi everyone!

I just joined myfitnesspal.com and am excited about getting serious with this weight thing. I've been working out a lot and have built muscle, but haven't lost any weight. According to my BMI, I need to lose about 60 lbs. I hope that logging my food and excercise helps me to realistically see what I'm eating and how many calories I'm burning. I'm sure it will be a big help!

Best wishes to everyone!

Fitmom2b

Replies

• Matterafun
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I just joined myfitnesspal.com and am excited about getting serious with this weight thing. I've been working out a lot and have built muscle, but haven't lost any weight. According to my BMI, I need to lose about 60 lbs. I hope that logging my food and excercise helps me to realistically see what I'm eating and how many calories I'm burning. I'm sure it will be a big help!

Best wishes to everyone!

Fitmom2b
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:

You can do this:happy:
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Welcome,

You are right. It will help you see how much each item you consume counts.

It is a real eye opener! I now stay away from most beverages. I usually just fill the glass about an inch with juice and add water to the rest of it.

You will also find that you really crave the healthy stuff after cutting calories. I started eating healthier without even trying to.

You will find great info. and support from everyone here.

Welcome,:smile:

Connie Lynn
  • Newmein08
    Options
    WELCOME:smile:

A WORD ON THE WISE...DON'T FOLLOW YOUR BMI TOO MUCH. IT DOEN'T FACTOR IN YOUR LEAN BODY MASS..THAT INCLUDES YOUR MUSCLE MASS AND BONE STRUCTURE.
    A BETTER WAY OF MEASURING BODY FAT IS TO GET A BODY FAT % USING CALIPERS. JUST ABOUT ANY GYM SHOULD HAVE THESE. ENOUGH RANTING..:tongue:
    GOOD LUCK
  • maddysvea
    Options
    Hello,

Good luck to you. This really is a cool place to be!!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :smile:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    :happy:
    dd
  • Matterafun
    Options
    Thanks! I'll get that checked out.

Take care!
  • Matterafun
    Options
    Thanks! Great advice.

Take care!

Fitmom2b
  • Matterafun
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! :smile:

Take care,
    Fitmom2b
  • suzyc1212
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined the site a couple of weeks ago and recommended it my friends! It's just basic calorie counting and exercise-what a concept and it works!!!!!!!! Good Luck!