low fat/low cal desserts?

Options

Replies

• twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for good desserts. Have you heard of Dottie Weightloss Zone. She is based on Weight Watcher points but she has lots of good information on her site. Even restaurant food facts.
  • linzerzinee
    Options
    Since you guys are all up in arms regarding diet soda and cake mix, I figured I'd chime in regarding other items to mix with a box of cake mix....

1 can crushed pineapple
    OR
    1 can (small) of pure pumpkin puree (can add a bit of water - but batter should be thick)

Any flavor works depending what you like. The usual combination is:
    yellow, butter recipe, white or vanilla with the crushed pineapple
    devils food cake mix, vanilla, yellow, butter, carrot or spice cake with the pumpkin

My fav is either carrot or vanilla with the pumpkin!

To mix with brownie mix....
    1 can black beans (even try no salt added or the low sodium)

No oil or eggs! So easy and yummy!

Here are some variations:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/pineapple-bliss-cupcakes.html
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/pumpkin-cupcakes-with-pumpkin-spiced.html
  • TheMiddlePath
    TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Since you guys are all up in arms regarding diet soda and cake mix, I figured I'd chime in regarding other items to mix with a box of cake mix....

1 can crushed pineapple
    OR
    1 can (small) of pure pumpkin puree (can add a bit of water - but batter should be thick)

Any flavor works depending what you like. The usual combination is:
    yellow, butter recipe, white or vanilla with the crushed pineapple
    devils food cake mix, vanilla, yellow, butter, carrot or spice cake with the pumpkin

My fav is either carrot or vanilla with the pumpkin!

To mix with brownie mix....
    1 can black beans (even try no salt added or the low sodium)

No oil or eggs! So easy and yummy!

Here are some variations:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/pineapple-bliss-cupcakes.html
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/pumpkin-cupcakes-with-pumpkin-spiced.html

BLACK BEANS WITH BROWNIE MIX?????
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    have you tried banana soft serve?

put a frozen banana in a blender and blend until smooth. add some almond milk if you'd like (or regular milk), and whatever toppings.
  • Realtygal
    Realtygal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just a personal opinion, but Snackwells and the like are just highly-sweetened empty calories....fruit is better in moderation, but make your own cream preferably using a natural sweetener like Stevia made by Raw Sugar (available in a green box at Walmart) for about $2.58/box).
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I use chocolate cake mix with the pumpkin, also, and spice with the pumkin. Both are very good and very moist.

I am all into mixing fat free cool whip with sugar free pudding mix. The whole tub of Cool Whip is only about 450 calories so a cup of it is very low cal for a tasty, sweet dessert.
  • superrjo
    superrjo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    tesco light choices chocolate mousse - 75 cals a pot, shapes delight white chocolate pudding - 99 cals ( i think)
  • ctinkler
    Options
    The simplest treat, chop up and freeze a banana. Trust me, it is like icecream. I only eat green bananas fresh - one sign of black skin and I can't tolerate them. But they can be nearly black, and when you freeze them they are delicious.
  • NaiaNZ
    NaiaNZ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I take an apple, peel, core and slice thinly, sautee it in a pan with a tiny dab of butter, less than 1 teaspoon of brown sugar (15 cals or less), add a dusting of cinnamon and serve warm. SO good!

and really, it only has the calories of an average apple (about 80), a dab of butter and the sugar and tastes close to apple pie minus the crust.

This sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options

Bumping this fo sho!

I've tried several recipes I've gotten off the forums here just by browsing thru the Recipes.
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try Diet Coke Cakes, they sound amazing!
  • Stinalynn121
    Stinalynn121 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just made some diet coke cupcakes (I am sure you have heard of these since they are all over the forums). But simply, you mix cake mix with diet coke instead of oil/eggs/etc. Yields a low calorie desert. I am topping mine with whipped cream!

Every time I read about these "cakes" I want to scream.

Hm, Im sorry? I just made them for the first time and found them to be delicious and thought I would share.

Someone posts about this nearly every day and it angers me for many reasons. The main reason is because I think any sort of "diet food" is ridiculous and that when you introduce things like artificial sweeteners into your diet it defeats the purpose of trying to achieve overall health. Then there's my personal issue with boxed cake mixes and similar convenience foods which is too long to get into. And finally, there's the fact that as a baker, I find this "recipe" to be an absolute atrocity.

I don't mean to take this out on you, it's not about you at all. i just get incredibly tired of people going on about how delicious this is when I know it to be full of unnecessary preservatives, man-made chemical ingredients that studies have shown are bad for your health and in no way compares to a dessert that's actually delicious. I just don't see the point in half-assing something like dessert. Do it right and do it less often and/or in smaller portions. Don't give yourself a heap of crappy ingredients just because it's low cal and/or low sugar.

Being a "baker" then, please give us a different more natural recipe that we can make into a cake using fresh ingredients that 133 calories or less per piece :) I would love to make something from scratch that was better for me then the box cake, I am just not a good enough baker to come up with a feasible recipe :flowerforyou:
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I take an apple, peel, core and slice thinly, sautee it in a pan with a tiny dab of butter, less than 1 teaspoon of brown sugar (15 cals or less), add a dusting of cinnamon and serve warm. SO good!

and really, it only has the calories of an average apple (about 80), a dab of butter and the sugar and tastes close to apple pie minus the crust.

Oh yum!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have been enjoying variations of "ice cream" sandwiches, using graham crackers, fat free cool whip and toppings like fruit (banana works well). I have also used the recipe for Sugar free cookie dough dip from chocolate covered katies website, peanut butter or nutella. My kids love them, and it is so much cheaper than store bought. :)

I also like melting chocolate and stirring in total cereal. You can eat it warm, or you can drop the chocolate coated cereal on wax paper and let harden. Yummy, like a kitkat, with the benefit of the added nutrients/vitamins in Total.
  • Tbugs234
    Options
    frozen grapes!!!!
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Frozen chocolate covered bananas.
    Used to get them all the time at this corner store in Chicago.
    They sell them in many stores now. They're called "Diana's"
    Here's the nutrition facts & a store locator: http://www.dianasbananas.com/our-products/
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownies...
    Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Bars...

I am a chocolate fiend, and both of these make me feel like I had something good!
  • bishoujokiseki
    Options
    Jello Temptations are amazing, if you've never tried them... I actually just discovered them this weekend. The Strawberry Cheesecake dessert cups are only 150 calories and actually really (to me, at least) taste a heck of a lot like actual cheesecake. They also have Key Lime Pie (100 cals), Lemon Meringue Pie (100 cals), Double Chocolate Pie (120 cals), and Raspberry Cheesecake (150 cals) dessert cups, from what I've seen... all of which taste like actual pie fillings.

Special K bars work well as replacement candy bars. They are usually 170-180 cals.

Skinny Cow makes great ice cream sandwiches, which I believe are less than 200 calories a pop but honestly can't remember off the top of my head.

What else? Oh... Smart Ones makes some DELICIOUS low-cal desserts, cookie dough something-or-other...

Wow... I rattled these all off just a little too easily, huh? :tongue:

Hope that was, in some way, helpful! Enjoy :smile:

ALL Skinny Cow ice cream bars (which are all really good) are 100 calories per bar, except for the fudge pops (NOT the Fudge bars) which are 50 calories each.
    I'm not sure about all of the Special K cereal bars, but the strawberry ones are only 90 calories (similar to the types of bars that Fiber One makes).
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump