Absolutley gutted..

Had my body fat checked today with calipers...Bloody gutted...even after losing over 4 stone i`m still at 23% bodyfat..

I ask myself how can i have 4 of my 6 abs with bodyfat that high?????

Replies

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Four stone is amazing, don't worry about the numbers 'just stay on track'.....YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    Caliper measurements are flawed. BMI is flawed. Body fat estimations are flawed.

Stop getting so hung up on the numbers, and focus on how you feel and your fitness.
  • catic
    catic Posts: 156
    are you strength training? I'm not sure what 4 stone is, but I'm sure it's good and think of the progress you have made so far! Keep it up!
  • Hippie_Soul
    Hippie_Soul Posts: 190 Member
    are you strength training? I'm not sure what 4 stone is, but I'm sure it's good and think of the progress you have made so far! Keep it up!

^I had to look up what the heck a stone was...apparently is it about 14 lbs. 4 of those is awesome!!
    And I agree with the other response...I can't get too hung up on the numbers. Just know that I feel better and am fitting into my clothes better!
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,490 Member
    Yepp your all right...64lbs total is a lot to lose...But just got to me a bit yesterday when i saw the BF measurements..Then i thought well what must have i been at the start..So out came the old pics..And yeah its kept me motivated.

Thanks all.. :)
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    23% body fat... you're getting there!

Haha... I was gutted to find out mine is in the high 20's. I'm rather "slender" as well. Suffice to say, the caliper is NOT my best buddy. It's lying on a shelf somewhere in my home office in a very lonely spot.

The measuring tape, on the other hand, is in my bathroom and is actually becoming dear to me :)

Just stick with it and have a bit of patience, sounds like you're doing great!

ETA: Another thing that helps me when I ruminate on the body fat #... eat your protein! And lift weights. Try to maintain what lean body mass you already have by doing this... and when it comes time that your body fat is lowered to the point you can actually see what muscle you do have, you'll be in great shape and look good too!
  • You have been doing really well , keep up the good work. You can do it!
  • flsl
    flsl Posts: 75 Member
    I thought 20% ish was quite low!

(And 4 stone is really high! Well done)
  • jandk09
    jandk09 Posts: 99 Member
    technically im in the obese category, i have more then 30% body fat, im really scared at how unhealthy that could make me. looking forward to working off that FAT, keep it up!!
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,490 Member
    ETA: Another thing that helps me when I ruminate on the body fat #... eat your protein! And lift weights. Try to maintain what lean body mass you already have by doing this... and when it comes time that your body fat is lowered to the point you can actually see what muscle you do have, you'll be in great shape and look good too!
    [/quote]

I eat loads of protein and either lift heavy weights, or do alot of bodyweight/sandbag training...
  • You have done amazing, dont beat yourself up over some silly fat measurer, keep the faith.
    :wink:
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Caliper measurements are flawed. BMI is flawed. Body fat estimations are flawed.

Stop getting so hung up on the numbers, and focus on how you feel and your fitness.

Totally Agree!!!