Hello Everyone!

Options
I am a newbie here with both this site and weight loss. I have 2 children (17/10) and was an avid exerciser until after my 2nd child.

More recently, I began eating unhealthy as I am always hungry and just love to eat food! I am especially sorry when it comes to any form of chocolate. To make things so much harder on myself, I am also a cake baker/decorator!!!!

As a result of eating unhealthy, I recently had my report from my doctor. Cholesterol, triglcyerides and bad cholesterol are very high and weight gain of about 30-35 lbs.

I was told to go on a low carb (1200 cal) diet and no more than 29g per day of carbs!!! I must be doing something wrong, but everything I read, (even healthy foods) contain at least 17g or more of carbs! I am not an advocate of starving or of diets and I drink water all day. But I am struggling so much with this particular diet b/c all I can find to eat is grass!!!!

I've bought the berries, green leafy romaine lettuce, nice big salad for lunch with little dressing....the works! I've been exercising at the gym daily with 30 min cardio and some weight/resistance. Yes, I've lost a few but I'm starving and running out of ideas for this diet.

I am heading to a dietician next week to go over this b/c it's just not for me. I enjoy eating and trying new foods and I enjoy cooking, but this is depriving my body of too much!

Sorry to ramble, just wanted to introduce myself, say hello and look forward to being a member on this site. Nice to see I'm not alone!

Lis