Protein

Options
coliema
coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
I was just looking at my food log and I realized that I don't quite reach my daily protein intake. Right now it's at 19/45 and it's almost dinner time here. What are some ideas you could give me to get enough protein in each day? All help is appreciated :)

Replies

• mamallamahull
    Options
    that is my problem too. I did start eating greek yogurt for breakfast. Lots of protein in there. I have even started having water with protien powder in the afternoon to reach my proteins for the day. I would love some more ideas too!
    Good luck!!!
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I do cottage cheese and fruit or a chaboni yogurt in the morning. Eas advantedge pre made chocolate fudge protien shakes after excersise. Turkey and cheese at lunch. And a piece of meat for dinner with my carb n veggie. Gets me thru! Hopefully helps u with some ideas!
  • coliema
    Options
    mamallama- I will have to try that Greek yogurt, I've never had it before! I will also have to look for protein powder! Thanks for the ideas :)

Reckabek- Ooooh I love cottage cheese! Is it better to drink the protein shakes before or after exercising? Thank you for the ideas!
  • jonniemarie1
    jonniemarie1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    if your goal is to gain some muscle and strength and to "tone" up make sure to have protein at each meal. eggwhites, chicken, turkey, greek yogurt, protein powder definitely after a strength training workout. If you are eating oatmeal, get the weight control on which has some added protein.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    As mentioned Greek yogurt has double the protein of regular yogurt

Whole grain breads & cereals have good protein numbers compared to more processed stuff. I like Kashi cereals - Go Lean has impressive stats.

String cheese (snacks)

Eggs (or egg whites)

Nuts & nut butters have protein & (good) fat
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    mamallama- I will have to try that Greek yogurt, I've never had it before! I will also have to look for protein powder! Thanks for the ideas :)

Reckabek- Ooooh I love cottage cheese! Is it better to drink the protein shakes before or after exercising? Thank you for the ideas!

Ive always been told after u work out to drink one!
  • coliema
    Options
    Reckabek- Thank you :) I just wanted to check on that!

TeaBea- Thank you for the suggestions!

jonniemarie- Thank you!!
  • KarenT45
    KarenT45 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have the problem the other way... I'm consuming too many proteins! Is that okay?
  • b2smiley2002
    Options
    I have found Brown Cow to be the best Greek Yogurt that provide 10g of Protein, Regards Protein shake Jillian's I have found to be the cleanest meaning w/o aspartame or sulfates. I like tuna with 1Tbs of salad dressing and mix in baby carrots rolled in lettuce leaves. Boiled egg whites, bake chicken. Let me know what else you find out! Much Luck!