My dog lost 1.5lbs! She can't speak so I have to say it for

Options

Replies

• suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That is great! I see many over weight dogs come into my place of work and I feel so bad for them. People do not realize how much they hurt their dogs when they allow them to get super heavy... Plus I'm sure she is very happy getting these runs in.. Way to go Pet Parent!
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    If I put my cat on a leash I would have to "drag" her behind me. LOL
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Who would have thought that C5K would be used for dogs!!! :laugh:
    That's awesome! She'll thank you for it one day!

I do the same thing with my daughter's dog. It's a Bouvier and he definitely needs a bit more exercise. He's very strong but his cardio his awful! The first time I went running with him, he was going so fast, he could hardly keep up with me after 1.5 mile! But he got it after that... start slow to run longer. He's getting better and better every time. I didn't weight him, but I can see that he did lost weight!
  • catic
    catic Posts: 156
    Options
    love it
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Ha, I've been wishing there was a MFP for dogs. Both of mine are stocky, even though I don't overfeed them and we do a lot of walking. On nice days like today I take them to the park and they run around for an hour. Seems like they should have a calorie deficit to me!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Yay! Dogs are awesome...and If every day were like today... Your dog would weigh 68.5lbs in 5 weeks
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Yay! Dogs are awesome...and If every day were like today... Your dog would weigh 68.5lbs in 5 weeks

LOL
  • niklynne
    Options
    She needs a new coat to celebrate this victory. Or collar. OOOOR furry friend. Just saying...
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    my cat is on a diet too! :p
  • hsmithway
    Options
    Good job!

My dog has been at a healthy weight as long as I've had her (4 years), but over the last year I've been walking her enough that she started losing and I had to increase her ration by 50% to maintain her weight. :bigsmile:
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Who would have thought that C5K would be used for dogs!!! :laugh:
    That's awesome! She'll thank you for it one day!

I do the same thing with my daughter's dog. It's a Bouvier and he definitely needs a bit more exercise. He's very strong but his cardio his awful! The first time I went running with him, he was going so fast, he could hardly keep up with me after 1.5 mile! But he got it after that... start slow to run longer. He's getting better and better every time. I didn't weight him, but I can see that he did lost weight!

During the start stop cycles of c25k I say "run" when i run and "walk" when I walk. If she starts getting ahead of me I say "walK" and give the leash a little tug and she slows down. She's to the point now when I say walk, I need no tug and when I say run, she starts to jog.... I like it.
  • Bella3119
    Options
    Aww! Congrats to you all!! That is sooo sweet.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    awwwwwww! this was the most heart warming post ever!!!!!!!!!!! That's so great that you are helping your pup do the whole program and get in shape! What a great person!
  • bono
    bono Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Love it! Good for you getting her on the program!
  • whencynstops
    whencynstops Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I am trying to get my cat to lose a pound or two. He is very overweight and I feel bad for my bad habits being forced on him.
    I think it is fantastic you are working with your dog!
  • MrsObundles
    MrsObundles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I wanna see her before and after pics!
  • has001
    has001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Running with cat.........only way to make a successful outcome is:
    A: Have them chase something they like- i.e. laser or bunny...
    or
    B. Leash them put on your sweat pants and use a spray bottle!! lol

Either way........kinda hilarious! :glasses:
  • emi1y15
    emi1y15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This post made me smile!
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That is just terrific, our youngest Sheltie has to eat Fit and Light food and we really watch his weight - good for you looking after your pup too
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    This made me smile. Their weight is important too! I had a severely overweight Pug before it passed last summer. We adopted him from a pregnant lady that fed him human food and kept him crated. We tried everything with no success. All the extra weight on such little legs can't be comfortable.

I'm sure your pup is feeling better already. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!