Cutting Out the Beer?

Options
124»

Replies

• athensguy
    Options
    In response to the original question, alcohol is good for you. It has been demonstrated to have significant cardio-protective properties, and it reduces all cause mortality rates when consumed in moderation.

A good study: http://eurheartj.oxfordjournals.org/content/29/2/204.abstract
  • EmmaGFree
    EmmaGFree Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did both until last week. I cut out beer for Vodka. No carbs in Vodka so I feel I'm doing something besides screwing myself. The fruit will cancel the no carbs out though. I'm doing vodka soda's.

This is what I have done and it has made a huge difference, Vodka, Soda and a slice of fresh lime squeezed in... only around 60 cals so it's easy to keep under daily calorie allowance.
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    You don't have to cut it out completely, but just scale it back and attempt to stay within your weekly calorie limits when you do enjoy the beers. I have 1 or 2 beers a week now and even better (lower calories) is rum and diet coke.
  • zincalloy
    Options
    Of course I know that almost every country makes some good beer, I was just talking about your regular beer. It's tosh and shouldn't even be allowed to be called beer.
    Compared to European or Australian regular beer or lager it's like drinking a soft drink.

I don't know how you manage to have alcoholics with that kind of weak nonsense around.

I think the US really should make more effort in the drinking department. :drinker:

Quite a TROLL aren't you Mr. Bowie?

Chill out, am I not allowed an opinion?

I'm just voicing my disdain for the rubbish that is mass produced. It's not a personal thing so please don't take it as so.

I appreciate that there must be many splendid brews from your fine country, you really don't have to be so defensive.
  • zincalloy
    Options
    Of course I know that almost every country makes some good beer, I was just talking about your regular beer. It's tosh and shouldn't even be allowed to be called beer.
    Compared to European or Australian regular beer or lager it's like drinking a soft drink.

I don't know how you manage to have alcoholics with that kind of weak nonsense around.

I think the US really should make more effort in the drinking department. :drinker:

Budweiser is owned by a Belgian company.

But it is 'the great American beer', is it not?

Surely you are not denying Budweiser is American?
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

Budweiser is owned by a Belgian company.

But it is 'the great American beer', is it not?

Surely you are not denying Budweiser is American?

That's a marketing ploy. I do agree that for the American mass market, Bud and the "light beers" are what they prefer, but the fastest growing segment of beer consumption in the US is "craft" beers.

In fact, you may want to read this:

"Budweiser sales up in the UK"

Budweiser lived up to its "King of Beers" tag with a 40% leap in UK sales in the past three months.

It helped AB InBev, also owners of Stella Artois and Beck's, boost UK beer sales by 1.3% in a market down 3.5%, assisted by an advertising push and supermarket price promotions.

Uk boss Stuart MacFarlane said it is "a glimpse of what's to come" in the World Cup, which starts in June. Bud is the "official beer" of the tournament in South Africa. Group revenue rose almost 2% to £5.5billion in the quarter with profits up 5% to £2bn.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/city-news/budweiser-sales-up-in-the-uk-219385

Sorry, I'm kind of a beer guy, and I like to inform the misinformed. LOL