SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo...April 24

Options
Good morning,
How is everyone this morning?
Well it dawned on me when I woke up this morning that I don't know that the elimination diet is going to work right now. I forgot that a friend from church wants me to come over today after Bible study for lunch. This weekend is also our 6th anniversary, and we are going out of town late next week for a few days. I'm kind of bummed that I may have to put it off, but I know that I am not going to go out and intentional buy sugary and processed foods. I will be on the diet while I am at home at least, which should be most of the time. I am hoping that I will see enough change in me to keep me from wanting to eat junk. :smile: I will do what I can for now, and maybe try it again in a couple of weeks when things settle down. I might still be able to keep Alex on it though because he has his certain rotation of food anyway.
Just had to get that off my chest.
So today is Bible Study (some times I wish I could abbreviate that B.S. :laugh: Just so I don't have to type as much.)
Go to our friend's house (if she remembered)
Alex's therapy tonight.
Don't know what else I will get done.
Have a happy boogaloo!
MM

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    How is everyone this morning?
    Well it dawned on me when I woke up this morning that I don't know that the elimination diet is going to work right now. I forgot that a friend from church wants me to come over today after Bible study for lunch. This weekend is also our 6th anniversary, and we are going out of town late next week for a few days. I'm kind of bummed that I may have to put it off, but I know that I am not going to go out and intentional buy sugary and processed foods. I will be on the diet while I am at home at least, which should be most of the time. I am hoping that I will see enough change in me to keep me from wanting to eat junk. :smile: I will do what I can for now, and maybe try it again in a couple of weeks when things settle down. I might still be able to keep Alex on it though because he has his certain rotation of food anyway.
    Just had to get that off my chest.
    So today is Bible Study (some times I wish I could abbreviate that B.S. :laugh: Just so I don't have to type as much.)
    Go to our friend's house (if she remembered)
    Alex's therapy tonight.
    Don't know what else I will get done.
    Have a happy boogaloo!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today it's Bikram at 6, and a few errands during the day.

I'm starting to sort of embrace the stillness. (sort of. . . I'm bad at stillness.)

Take care, pebbles.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Never made it to the gym yesterday. Friend called and we went for a walk. Went to a hard yoga class last night too. The topic: knees - so lots of warrior 1 & 2.

V - loved the article. I can't even do the peacock pose - that's a hard one for the ladies (pun intended)

Dr just called as I was typing - I'm cleared for headstand. Yikes. Maybe I'll try a few at home first and see how I feel.

WL - Flylady cleaning? I looked it up, but the website was so messy. I try to wash the floor on my hands and knees, without putting my knees to the ground - make sense? Much more of a workout.

Today - have a slight headache this morning, so I'll walk and hope to make it to the gym later - if not, maybe a dusty video.
    My yoga teacher's alter ego is a professor of fashion design at UT. Her student's fashion show is tonight, so that should be interesting. They never do yoga clothes though - which I think they should do for extra credit :wink:

Weekend Boogaloo!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Friday Boogaloo!

Yes, the Flylady site is a bit overwhelming, but some of her techniques are eye-opening and they have made all the difference to me in terms of keeping my house clean and uncluttered. At the very least, check out her post on cleaning the sink...if you're bored, that is! She's over the top but I like some of it.

Just went to the gym but I have to confess that I wasn't feelin' it. I only did 25 minutes on the elliptical and chatted with friends the rest of the time! Oooopsie. So I'll be doing some other kind of workout today and probably won't even count this morning's desultory effort.

Goals:
    ~ Vitamins
    ~ 1 drink minimum tonight with friends
    ~ Happy Hour yoga or a hike
    ~ Leave some food behind if I'm full!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Alright, no "playdate" this afternoon so the diet is still on. :tongue:
    Found out a friend that has three kids is expecting again. I'm happy for her but every time I hear a friend (especially with multiple children) is having another one I fall apart. I cried all the way home from Bible Study. My heart is so broken. My husband and I have decided we either need to start trying again or move forward on the adoption, or both. I just feel like something has to give before I give out. You know?
    Anyway, I am going to try to do some taebo I guess. I don't really feel like it but I need to do something. It will help me feel better.
    I went for a walk last night to cool off after getting into a discussion with Dh, and I felt so much better afterward. I even slept really well, which I haven't done in weeks!
    Boogaloo.
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    MM, I'm sorry. You have every right to be frustrated. It's hard to see something that's so difficult for you appear easy for someone else. Whenever I'm going through a time (what Mary has taught me is a case of the "unfairs") I like this quote:

"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much."
    — Mother Teresa

I like it because it shows that even Mother Teresa got frustrated sometimes.

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Thanks, V. I just cried out to God this afternoon and told Him I just can't handle another miscarriage. I will fall apart. He knows better than I do what I can handle but I really just don't think I can go through that again. I am expecting things to change soon. I don't know what that means but I have just felt that things are going to change. So I am hopeful!
    MM
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    Let go but stay hopeful, MM, that's the best you can do!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm late posting today. I don't have a lot planned since it is Friday and my knee hurts a bit. I did take a walk after lunch, and will make up my strength routine tonight since I slept in this morning. It turns out that getting to bed early really only works if hubby goes to bed at the same time. :ohwell:

MM, I'm so sorry you are feeling sad/frustrated. I second what V and WL said. And I am hopeful for you as well! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

But, WL -
    - was there a chance that you might NOT have a drink tonight that you had to make it a goal? :wink: :laugh:
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    I'm late posting today. I don't have a lot planned since it is Friday and my knee hurts a bit. I did take a walk after lunch, and will make up my strength routine tonight since I slept in this morning. It turns out that getting to bed early really only works if hubby goes to bed at the same time. :ohwell:

MM, I'm so sorry you are feeling sad/frustrated. I second what V and WL said. And I am hopeful for you as well! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

But, WL -
    - was there a chance that you might NOT have a drink tonight that you had to make it a goal? :wink: :laugh:

LOLOL yes I guess the way I phrased it could be interpreted that way. Must...have...drink!!!!

I'm only allowing myself one more night to go out for drinks during April so I don't know if tonight should be my night!!