Newbie--been doing it alone for a month, looking to add some

Options
Hey everyone--
I've been working on losing weight for the last 2 months.

I've had 3 different sources (doctor, my scale, my gym scale) tell me 3 different totals I weigh, so I'm going by the gym's scale..which means I have about 30 lbs to lose.

I'm getting married next January, so I want to start early and I want to start smart.

Hope to hear from some new friends and cohorts!

Replies

• apvalletta
    apvalletta Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hello & welcome to MFP. I've been on a little while but just got serious. I also have 30 lbs to lose. I think you will like MFP, people are very supportive. Sending you a request. Good luck!
    Andrea
  • jmart53
    Options
    Welcome, you are going to love the motivation and support you get from the MFP family. I will friend request you and good luck on your journey.
  • tolergirl
    Options
    I have more than 30 to lose, but, a 30 pound goal seems like a good one, so count me in. I have also been trying it on my own for a little over a month. Getting the hang of MFP but liking it so far.
  • katrinalarocque
    katrinalarocque Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm pretty new too having joined in January. I started with 20 pounds as my goal to lose and so far I've lost 8. MFP has actually made losing weight kind of fun and I've met some lovely people.

All the best to you.
  • Suerce
    Options
    Hi Good Luck with your goal! I have the same goal of 30lbs and have just joined as well!

Everyone on here seems so great and supportive...can't wait to help cheer you on!
  • Realtygal
    Realtygal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The question is do you want to wear smaller clothes or watch the numbers on a scale? Have you looked into a faster way to lose inches with a low-carb diet? I lost 26lbs in 7 weeks and kept it off for 2 years. Just started gaining a few pounds back, but I know exactly what to do "short-term" to get back to my goal weight. Or, you can just stop eating "white foods", such as dairy, flour, and sugar. Make your goal to stay on a low-carb diet for just 14 days and see what happens. That wedding dress will be a smaller size long before your wedding! Good luck!
  • Minu135
    Options
    I'm pretty new too, good luck! I lost about 30lbs before my wedding in 2006, you can definitely do it!! I have about 40lbs to lose this time, after having my second child I totally want to get ready of the baby weight!!! I'm sending you a friend request!
  • sschmidt24
    sschmidt24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It took me close to 1 year to loose 45 pounds and I have kept the majority of it off of the last 3 years. I did it slow and that has paid off for me. I really changed my eating habits for good, unlike the quick fix diets I had been on in the past when I would lose it quick but gain it back just as quickly, because I never did get good eating habits established.

Take it slow and steady and though your wedding is the time goal, you really will want to look way beyond that, so you don't start gaining the weight back after the wedding is over. If this is a priority for you, you will succeed! Good luck!!!!
  • mrichternh
    mrichternh Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You may add me. Full time working mother of 3 young children.
  • cindycoley19
    cindycoley19 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Congrats on getting married!! You will love MFP friends and message board! So much fun!
  • MollyRedinger
    MollyRedinger Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP! I am halfway thru my goal, 20 more to go! I have been doing MFP by myself since July 2011, just now starting to get a few friends to keep my motivation up!

Best of luck!
  • lhoerres
    Options
    I have 30 lbs to lose too!! So maybe we can help support one another! :happy: I keep gaining and losing the same 20 lbs and I'm sick of it!! My friend told me about this site and I love it so far!! It holds me accountable!!
  • emhill21
    emhill21 Posts: 130
    Options
    Congrats on getting married! That is very exciting! I too have about 30lbs to lose. The friends on MFP are great motivation, I will send you a request:smile:
  • JenSkinLaPierre
    JenSkinLaPierre Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I'm working on the same goals... I have about 25 to lose. I'm always up for motivation! :)