1010 calorie workout?

Options
WOW my p90x calculator and heart rate monitor says i burned 1010 calories during my work out. Is that true? wow i dont think i have ever had a workout that registered at that high of a calorie burner. yeah its a tough tough work out and you get a great sweat and the heart is pumping but 1010 cal? can anyone confirm that?

Replies

• SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    How long was the workout? What were you doing? I think it's very possible!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Depends entirely on the type of workout and duration of the workout, combined with your age/weight/gender. But yes, that amount of calorie burn is totally possible in one workout. I burned around 1200 doing a 10 mile run yesterday. (info based on Polar HRM, BodyMedia Fit and RunKeeper, which were all within 20 cal of each other).
  • aimeemusic
    aimeemusic Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I did two sessions of Zumba back to back...I went all out...I think I got about 1500 easy

It's totally possible
  • mrnice1058
    mrnice1058 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    it was P90X Shoulders and Arms. it was 61 mins long i am sore and tired right now..lol
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    it was P90X Shoulders and Arms. it was 61 mins long i am sore and tired right now..lol
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you spend most of that 61 minutes workout out and very little resting, right? I've only watched 1 of the videos, but it seemed to me like you are going and going and going. If that's the case, your calories sound right. If you had a lot or long rest breaks, then maybe not.
  • mrnice1058
    mrnice1058 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    if you want to call a rest of putting your weights down and getting different weights to do the next work out then that is all the rest i get. or putting it down to get the chair to do dips..lol so i guess its correct then. i cant wait to get home and do legs and back!