Women - what's your favorite protein powder?

Options

Replies

• HuntingArpegius
    HuntingArpegius Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump :drinker:
  • fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i like the market pantry whey protein chocolate at target. 2lbs and is about 15-17$ really reasonable. 25g protein and all the aminos. I also like maxpro tiramisu from maxmuscle 30g protein in 1 scoop. my friend really likes the strawberry from maxmuscle. and we both use visalus protien sweet cream, but i use is only sometimes since it is soy protein. i try to limit the use of vi to once every few days.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    LOVE the double stuffed cookie Syntrax Nectar Sweets
  • parzyckj
    Options
    Visalus! its low cal, it tastes amazing, and not too expensive!!
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Designer Whey.. Love it.. Only 100 calories a scoop.. flavors are good.. I mix with almond milk to make it a bit creamy or just put it in my smoothie.. :) Having some right now! :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Visalus! its low cal, it tastes amazing, and not too expensive!!

Half the protein and double the price.

I wouldn't suggest this one.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used the Muscle Milk powder?
  • kauaibaby
    kauaibaby Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered (and reconfirmed the hard way) that I'm very allergic to Whey protein. 5 days of severe hives and 2 R/X's and a Dr. visit later- I'm using Jay Robb Egg White Protein. 120 calories 0 fat 0 cholesterol 4 Total Carbs 24 g of Protein. I love it and the few things I've made with it my kids loved- no chalky funky "what is in this" comments I normally get when I try to sneak protein into recipes. Anyone else have recommendations for whey alternatives?
  • kjmommie
    kjmommie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I really like Target's Market Pantry Whey protein Chocolate . I love it :heart: I use with silk almond milk with a banana !!!!!
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options
    I personally love GNC's Total Lean Shake (ready to drink) in vanilla bean and sometimes strawberries and cream! They are delicious and filling with 25g of protein!
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    So many choices! I wish they had sample-sizes for sale so you could try some of these before investing money in the giant jugs and then finding out the one you bought is awful! Guess I'm going to just have to go out on a limb and get one...something chocolate for sure!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    So many choices! I wish they had sample-sizes for sale so you could try some of these before investing money in the giant jugs and then finding out the one you bought is awful! Guess I'm going to just have to go out on a limb and get one...something chocolate for sure!

I LOVE the double stuffed cookie and wanted to try the Chocolate Truffle... I called the company and they have a sampler!
    Nectar™ Variety Sampler containing 13 full serving packages for only $13.00! a call at 866-333-7403 Ext. 803, Available only in the US. ... ... Chocolate truffle is one of them :D
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    So far the only ones I have tried are the Jillian Michaels chocolate (made by Pure Protein) and EAS Lean 15 vanilla. They've worked great in the shakes I like to make for a treat. They were my first to try b/c I was able to pick them up cheap w/o having to order online (around $10 for the JM - although it's a small tub, I didn't want to invest a lot before knowing I'd actually *use* these types of products; and $13 for the EAS b/c I had an $8 coupon, bigger tub more servings but after trying the chocolate I knew I'd use it). I want to hop online and try some of these other amazing flavors from other manufacturer's that people are always talking about. Gotta talk DH into letting me spend more $$ on these big tubs, though...
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I drink rice protein powder, I've tried several and I like them all. Right now my fave is prairie naturals.
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Just as another option- I stopped using protein powder since so many of them have so much weird stuff in them and have been loving greek yogurt as a protein replacement! Vanilla and fresh fruit- most of the days protein, much more natural for me! Good luck!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition makes great protein powder that has 24 grams of protein for 120 calories. I have had their cookies and cream and french vanilla flavors. Both are great mixed with 4oz of milk and 4oz of water. Also, I often use the french vanilla powder in green or regular fruit smoothies on the days I am home and it works very well in there.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options

I LOVE the double stuffed cookie and wanted to try the Chocolate Truffle... I called the company and they have a sampler!
    Nectar™ Variety Sampler containing 13 full serving packages for only $13.00! a call at 866-333-7403 Ext. 803, Available only in the US. ... ... Chocolate truffle is one of them :D

Thanks for the tip, I will try them out!
  • teresabryan
    teresabryan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also use Body Fortress whey vanilla protein..it's cheap and it's very good!
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I really lie Dymatize Iso 100 Hydrolyzed Whey Protein. It's 106 calories with 24g of protein and only 1 carb. It mixes really well and tastes great.
  • PinkRunning
    PinkRunning Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried many, but I really like Designer Whey... I usually get chocolate but the vanilla and strawberry (if you can find it) are yummy too. Only 100 cals and tasty enough to drink on its own with just water if you don't want to use more calories for a smoothie.