Looking for exercise-focused and motivating friends!

Options
Hey MFP folks!

I'm not new to MFP, but I started with a trainer this week and she has completely changed the way I work out. As a runner, I have the stamina for 2 hour runs (running my fifth half marathon in New Orleans this weekend), but it's not melting the 25 lbs I need to lose.

Soooo... I'm looking to add exercise-minded friends who motivate and encourage. If you like to work out and motivate others along the way, add me. Would love to see what others do for exercise.

Thanks!

Replies

• wilson1134
    wilson1134 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm always interested to hear what her motivation was for you!

I was changed when I was introduced to cross training...adding swimming and biking made me see new open doors!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I dont run a lot, but I workout 7 days a week. Add me if you like. I like to motivate!
  • BarefootBrendan
    Options
    I am just starting back running again. Would enjoy hearing other runners stories.
  • JenSkinLaPierre
    JenSkinLaPierre Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Girl -- she killed me... she said my body was so used to running that it's all it knows at this point. She had me going between cardio bursts and weights. I'd jump up on one of those old-school steps that had three extra steps underneath. I did that for 60 seconds then immediately into deep squats. Then speed jump rope for 60 seconds and immediately into weights with my arms or push ups. Then jumping lunges for 60 seconds and immediately into tricep dips. When she could tell I was about the pass out, she let me rest......for THIRTY seconds. She called it my plateau buster since I'm doing lots of cardio already, I needed something to shock my body. It shocked me alright. She also said the only way to MELT fat is to interval train. She's changing my diet. EVERYTHING. Gracious. Maybe me, you and G can meet once a week for an outdoor workout and chat. :)
  • questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me too - I hike 5 days a week and then try to mix it up on the weekends! :)