Need ideas for low cal/low carb snacks...

Options
Hi.
I need to find low cal/low carb snacks to keep in my purse for when "Just have to have something!" times. I always end up eating candy at the office and I hate to admit it-have bad sefl control right now.

Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

• nance1109
    nance1109 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I need to find low cal/low carb snacks to keep in my purse for when "Just have to have something!" times. I always end up eating candy at the office and I hate to admit it-have bad sefl control right now.

Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • melli244
    melli244 Posts: 63
    Options
    Mabey a snack bag of cut up carrot sticks or a baggie of dried fruit. Good luck :smile:
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I keep 100 calorie snack packs with me at all times. I am not sure what the carbs are though....
  • blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    sugar free products are good,or sugar free bars
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I haven't done low carb in awhile, so I don't remember calorie counts on these, but I know the carbs are low...

Soy nuts, sunflower seeds, almonds, and jerky are ones I always used to snack on.

If you have a fridge handy, cheese sticks, raw veggies (carrots, celery, broccoli, etc) are good too.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    nuts, protein bars, veggies, string cheese are a few of the things I have with me to work. I also just read about soup snack pack (70 cals each). I've never seen them, but I'm not a soup fan so I haven't looked either.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond has 100 calorie almond packs, I always keep one of those in my bag, also a high protein bar is usually 100-140 cals. Those are the easiest things for me to carry around so I'm not tempted with a drive-thru...